New Name

Boo

Choose a new name  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After taking into account the views expressed by the ladies & gentlemen of thai visa & the results of the previous poll, I think a name change would be a good idea. I don't think it should change too much as new posters might not find us but a little bit of a tweak to include a welcome all women ( & gentlemen :o )

I have only put a few choices there as I think they include all of the search engine requirements & the following will be the sub heading, which will be more specific;

A place for all farang, thai & expat women to ask/give advice, make friends, chat & discuss women related issues/probems in Thailand. Everyone is welcome to post & all opinions are welcome but please read the Thai Visa terms of service & keep it friendly. :D (or something like that, anything I've missed???)

• 1 month later...
"Women in Thailand - For Farang, Thai & Expat women" seems to have won. A good choice, but I would prefer to see it simplified to "Forum For Farang, Thai & Expat Women."

Nice one. It is indeed similar to the one chosen by the majority but sounds better.

I'm fine with any of the above, honestly I did have my hesitations at first before posting in this forum since I didn't really know whether to consider myself a farang or not? Being thai but raised in the states, would that make you a farang? Is the term farang only to be used with appearance?

I'm fine with any of the above, honestly I did have my hesitations at first before posting in this forum since I didn't really know whether to consider myself a farang or not? Being thai but raised in the states, would that make you a farang? Is the term farang only to be used with appearance?

According to my dog Scruffy, that would make you a farang! He is afraid of foreigners (all foreigners not just farang) but is very friendly to Thais. We had two Thai girls from Chonburi stay at the resort and he was as friendly as could be. Then a Thai girl who had grown up in the US came and he wouldn't go near her. Somehow, he can tell. I suspect that you wouldn't pass the Scruffy test, shopgurl! :o

I'm fine with any of the above, honestly I did have my hesitations at first before posting in this forum since I didn't really know whether to consider myself a farang or not?  Being thai but raised in the states, would that make you a farang?  Is the term farang only to be used with appearance?

According to my dog Scruffy, that would make you a farang! He is afraid of foreigners (all foreigners not just farang) but is very friendly to Thais. We had two Thai girls from Chonburi stay at the resort and he was as friendly as could be. Then a Thai girl who had grown up in the US came and he wouldn't go near her. Somehow, he can tell. I suspect that you wouldn't pass the Scruffy test, shopgurl! :o

so scruffy will not like kitty then? :D

Have always been fond of the old adage “if it ain’t broke...” 

I think I'm with you, Nat. I probably shouldn't comment as I've only just found your forum, but I was pleased to find 'Farang Girls in Thailand' today.

From a first opinion, it does what it says on the tin and has a slightly more approachable and friendly air about it than any of the other options. Having read many of the threads here for the first time during the last hour, I think it's the perfect name. Is there a reason why you want to change it? (Sorry if I missed that).

Kate