Anyone Know Any Way To Call The Uk For Cheap ?

matt888

hi,

the sound on my laptops playing up, and they dont seem to be able to fix it, so i cant use skype at the mo. I have to call the UK alot and am currently using my thai D-TAC mobile phone. I dial the 009 prefix which makes it slightly cheaper but am still spending a bomb on calls.

when i am in the UK and call Thailand i use this website - niftylist.com on this site they have connecting numbers which makes calls around 1-2 pence a minute, which is great.

i was just wondering if anyone knows the thai equivalent, or any other cheap way to call abroad other than skype.

any help would be most appreciated

thanks

hi,

the sound on my laptops playing up, and they dont seem to be able to fix it, so i cant use skype at the mo. I have to call the UK alot and am currently using my thai D-TAC mobile phone. I dial the 009 prefix which makes it slightly cheaper but am still spending a bomb on calls.

when i am in the UK and call Thailand i use this website - niftylist.com on this site they have connecting numbers which makes calls around 1-2 pence a minute, which is great.

i was just wondering if anyone knows the thai equivalent, or any other cheap way to call abroad other than skype.

thanks

009 is the only most stable cheapest way to call as far as I know. The other option is to have a phone which is VOIP capable like this one HP512 Voice Messenger. Set it up to use with something like Voipdiscount or thaitelephone.com or pfingo.com and there you go making internet calls through your phone. You do however need to be within a wi-fi spot. And that too with reasonable speed.

I bought this phone for my wife at 8,900 but IT city is still selling it at 10,900. I am sure you can get it at 8,900 at PDA shops. Or you can get other phones like Nokia E61, or P990i SE. Anything with wi-fi built in.

VOIPdiscount offers free calls to UK. :o.

TB

In addition, VoipDiscount has a feature on their website where you put in your phone number and the destination phone number and it connects the call without using the computer. I've never used it so I don't know if it maybe rings your phone first and then the other phone, or both at the same time. Seems to be only a 5Ct. connection charge plus the charge for the call.

hi,

thanks

I have good luck with Deedial (http://www.deedial.com). 2 baht/min for landline. Pinless service and a 1 touch dial feature so you can call direct from your phonebook without any DTMF codes. You can get down to 1.1 baht/min U.K landline if you want to use the internet instead of your mobile phone.

For U.K. mobile, there is no way to make it cheap. 008 (6 baht) is about the best you can do.