Condominium Water Supplies In Pattaya

wpcoe

I live in an older condo complex in Jomtien that is not attached to the municipal water main that goes along the soi out front. We rely year 'round on trucked in water, and it rarely is without odor, and often is dirty. I have seen a truck that suspiciously looks like one that services our condo block parked alongside the edge of the soi by a roadside stagnant pool with its hoses dropped in.

I thought this was an exception to condo water rule in Pattaya, but I read in a recent thread a comment about someone living in View Talay 2 not receiving adequate response when he complained about dirty water coming out of his faucets.

I also read a comment in a thread about Nirun Condo something about paying less fee (tax?) if utility hook-ups to the building were never completed, hence they never tapped into the municipal water supply.

So now, I'm wondering: is not being attached to the municipal water supply a somewhat common occurence for large condo blocks? Is it because of some break on taxes? I can't believe that municipal water would be more expensive than paying for tanker trucks of pond water. I was always secretly jealous of other condo blocks, like VT2, for having cleaner more dependable water supplies. Is that not the case?

I have a countertop water filter at the kitchen sink, and I cook and wash dishes with filtered water and brush my teeth there. The filter cartridges rarely last three months. I have to clean the screen filters in the faucets and at the washing machine inlet on a daily basis sometimes.

I live in an older condo complex in Jomtien that is not attached to the municipal water main that goes along the soi out front. We rely year 'round on trucked in water, and it rarely is without odor, and often is dirty. I have seen a truck that suspiciously looks like one that services our condo block parked alongside the edge of the soi by a roadside stagnant pool with its hoses dropped in.

I thought this was an exception to condo water rule in Pattaya, but I read in a recent thread a comment about someone living in View Talay 2 not receiving adequate response when he complained about dirty water coming out of his faucets.

I also read a comment in a thread about Nirun Condo something about paying less fee (tax?) if utility hook-ups to the building were never completed, hence they never tapped into the municipal water supply.

So now, I'm wondering: is not being attached to the municipal water supply a somewhat common occurence for large condo blocks? Is it because of some break on taxes? I can't believe that municipal water would be more expensive than paying for tanker trucks of pond water. I was always secretly jealous of other condo blocks, like VT2, for having cleaner more dependable water supplies. Is that not the case?

I have a countertop water filter at the kitchen sink, and I cook and wash dishes with filtered water and brush my teeth there. The filter cartridges rarely last three months. I have to clean the screen filters in the faucets and at the washing machine inlet on a daily basis sometimes.

What's the name of this nice condo?

Yes, it seems many Condos and hotels are not connected (or disconnected) from the mains supply, if not well managed it is probable that many only know they need to call a water tanker when the tenants start shouting.

I did hear that all tankers are supposed to go to the proper filling facility at the reservoir to fill up, presume there is a crude filtering system, but most just pull of the road at the back and just pump direct from the reservoir.

Pattaya dose really need a "public health department" with teeth, or one day there may be a epidemic of something very nasty.

BB

• 1 month later...

How awful! My condo is attached to municipal water AND has filters. Water Bill for general use at this condo was about 300,000 baht last year and then, of course, each condo unit pays for own usage.