An Evolutionary Analysis Of Thai-farang Relationships

JohnnyThai

All of this jabber about older farangs being any different from any other humans on this planet is nonsense.

I don't think there were any claims of that nature ?

It is clear that some foreigners seem very unaware of the fact that they are flaunting Thai cultural norms. This occurs with couples who are closer in age, too. The greater the age difference, rightly or wrongly, the more likely that certain conclusions will be made about the relationship. If the foreigner doesn't care, there's little anyone can do, but these people should be aware that (1) no matter how polite or non-reactive the Thais may be in such situations, they do not, on the whole, go in for public displays of affection or the broadcasting of sexual relationship between people. This applies to married couples too, so is not simply a matter of public face, and (2) it does affect the way all foreigners are regarded.

Edited by WaiWai

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All of this jabber about older farangs being any different from any other humans on this planet is nonsense.

I don't think there were any claims of that nature ?

It is clear that some foreigners seem very unaware of the fact that they are flaunting Thai cultural norms. This occurs with couples who are closer in age, too. The greater the age difference, rightly or wrongly, the more likely that certain conclusions will be made about the relationship. If the foreigner doesn't care, there's little anyone can do, but these people should be aware that (1) no matter how polite or non-reactive the Thais may be in such situations, they do not, on the whole, go in for public displays of affection or the broadcasting of sexual relationship between people. This applies to married couples too, so is not simply a matter of public face, and (2) it does affect the way all foreigners are regarded.

I disagree. :o

Most thais, I think, are capable of judging every farang as an individual. This has been my experience. And I would say most thais understand farangs have a different culture and are more open people. Most understand it.

Of course there will always be a pre-conception from a thai of a farang. But the same can be said when a thai girl goes to farangland. I would say it is much worse.

Most thais, I think, are capable of judging every farang as an individual. This has been my experience.

Yes, but if your overwhelming experience of people from other cultures ("farang") is not exactly positive, patience is likely to wear thin, and this capability will soon remain unexercised.

And I would say most thais understand farangs have a different culture and are more open people. Most understand it.

Sure, but Thais wonder why we foreigners are incapable of grasping a few basic social rules/norms in another culture. Especially when these rules relate to concepts of appearance, respect & politeness, which are so highly valued by Thais.

If you are aware of these norms, but choose to disregard them, you will at best be seen as "socially challenged" . At worst, you will be seen as arrogant and abrasive.

Edited by WaiWai

Most thais, I think, are capable of judging every farang as an individual. This has been my experience.

Yes, but if your overwhelming experience of people from other cultures ("farang") is not exactly positive, patience is likely to wear thin, and this capability will soon remain unexercised.

And I would say most thais understand farangs have a different culture and are more open people. Most understand it.

Sure, but Thais wonder why we foreigners are incapable of grasping a few basic social rules/norms in another culture. Especially when these rules relate to concepts of appearance, respect & politeness, which are so highly valued by Thais.

Agreed. :o

I agree as well.

But I have dealing with some very well off Thai,s > a lot of them have Mia Nois as well as their Mia lwan. Its kind of a status thing with then. They keep the Mia Noi in a apartment and talk care of her. I dont know of one 60 with a 18 year ols . But most of the mia noi i know are younger than the mia lwuan

And beleive me the Thai s no about this

me and my friends were drunk tonight. we bought a couple of beer leos and wrapped them in a plastic bag and snuck them right past the BTS security guard. it was classic. we then drank them on the bts railway by standing behind that little building in the middle. we finished them off and chucked them on the bts and quickly boarded. a couple of thais saw us and all they could do was smile and laugh. i think one of them waied us.

the point is that thais appreciate farang walking around with 18 year old gfs because they want to their culture to be more open but dont know how to go about it. that is one reason why they love farang so much.

me and my friends were drunk tonight. we bought a couple of beer leos and wrapped them in a plastic bag and snuck them right past the BTS security guard. it was classic. we then drank them on the bts railway by standing behind that little building in the middle. we finished them off and chucked them on the bts and quickly boarded. a couple of thais saw us and all they could do was smile and laugh. i think one of them waied us.

the point is that thais appreciate farang walking around with 18 year old gfs because they want to their culture to be more open but dont know how to go about it. that is one reason why they love farang so much.

You give morons a bad name look it up in a dictionary thats d i c t i o n a r y

I was at a high school band camp and snuck beers past the camp elders. Wow, it was classic. Some of the horn players saw us and giggled.

The point, the horn players loved seeing us drunk and having fun.

BangkokSingapore, I have many other moronic band camp stories I could share. I was so popular.

I was at a high school band camp and snuck beers past the camp elders. Wow, it was classic. Some of the horn players saw us and giggled.

The point, the horn players loved seeing us drunk and having fun.

BangkokSingapore, I have many other moronic band camp stories I could share. I was so popular.

hahahahahaha

if we were all cavemen (and cavewomen) cavewomen would be attracted to the caveman with the biggest cave and who slaughtered the most saber tooth tigers.

today the cave is the condo and the saber tooth tiger is the form of employment.

for those unable to find a caveman, or to be part of a clan with an alpha male for protection, these cavewomen would ban together, hence the evolution of the cavelesbian...

if we were all cavemen (and cavewomen) cavewomen would be attracted to the caveman with the biggest cave and who slaughtered the most saber tooth tigers.

today the cave is the condo and the saber tooth tiger is the form of employment.

for those unable to find a caveman, or to be part of a clan with an alpha male for protection, these cavewomen would ban together, hence the evolution of the cavelesbian...

:o

Ah...ev psych...what a razorblade in the hand of monkeys you continue to be...

Ah...ev psych...what a razorblade in the hand of monkeys you continue to be...

you dont have to knife him in the back because he has struck a raw nerve in your make up dear