Chronologies Of The Kingdoms And Of Principalities AÏ Lao

AiLao

Here are some of the informations I like to share with those who is interested in our ethnic back ground. Most of this informations are gathered from the Chinese manuscripts and translated into French language.

Under the repression of another powerful kingdom in old China, Aï Lao under different identity, emigrated towards the South. Several groups managed to found each one their kingdom in a new territory. Of other under L (identity TaïLao or Lao, under the direction of Khun Borom (Piluoge), still king of Nan Chao, towards 730 apr. J-C., took their exodus according to Nam-Or (Laos), the red river and the black river in Tonkin with the conquest of new territories among the people Krom, Môn, Môn-Khmer.

Khun Borom sent its seven sons in the seven Lao principalities in the Indochinese Peninsula to take them in hand with knowing

$ Khun Lo, wire elder and heir to the throne of Nan Chao, control Lane Xang (Muong-Swa or Luang Prabang);

$ Chief-Chueng reign on Muong-Phouane (Xieng-Khouang, Northern Lao)

$ Khamphong, on Lanna (current area of the North of Thailand).

$ Chusong, on Ngé-Ang (Annam).

$ Kom, on Khamkeut (in the current province of Khammuane, Laos).

$ Kgua-Inh, on Lane-Phia (Ayuthaya), and

$ Yue-Phalane (Gniphalane), on Yunnan.

Will add more and provide reference at the end if anyone is interested.

Edited by AiLao

kingdom of Lao Lane-Xang (Muaong Xieng Dong Xieng Thong)

from 757 to 1707.

“Lane-Xang” is the old name of “Laos”, before 1893, the year when France colonized officially this Kingdom weakened by the invasions of the countries bordering. The territory of Lane-Xangenglobait all the provinces of the North-East and the North of current Thaïland, Laos, an Eastern part of Burma, Sip-Song-Banna in Yunnan Chinese, Sip-Song-Chau-taï in Western Tonkin, with the limit of the red river, a province of the North of Kampuchea, Konton, Methoua and Darlac.

Laos is one of the parts of the old Kingdom of Lane-Xang, detached free-Siamese, Franco-Chinese, Franco-English, free-Vietnameses signed towards the end of the 19è century and the beginning of the 20è century.

By these treaties, the Lao people had lost most of the territory of Lane-Xang to the profit of his more aggressive neighbors.

LUANG PRABANG CENTERS KINGDOM OF LANE-XANG.

F& Période missing of the end of the 8è century at the end of the 13è century.

$ Khun Lo (“Khun Lo” titrates of Prince at the time of Nan Chao…), wire of Khun Borom (Piluoge), first king of Lane-Xang whose capital is Xieng-Dong-Xieng-Thong (Quoted of forests and gold), is charged by his father with controlling at the same time this kingdom, and Nan Chao (Yunnan).

$ 780. Died of Khun Lo. His/her son, Khun Sung succeeds to him.

$ 780…? Reign of Khun Sung. After its death, there are 16 successive Princes on the throne as follows:

1. Khun DEK. 2. Khun Khoune. 3. Khun Khûn. 4. Khun Khab. 5. Khun Khao. 6. KhunKhane.

7. Khun Pheng. 8. Khun Pheune. 9. Khun Phi. 10. Khun Hung. 11. Khun Kham. 12. Thao Phane.

13. Thao Gnoung. 14. Thao Gneuk. 15. Thao Phin. 16. Thao Phat.

(“Thao” titrates honorary conferred to the national heroes, to the kings or to the prince as from the time of Lane-Xang).

From the reign of Thao Phat, Lane-Xang completely cuts the relation traditional with Nan Chao, Kingdom-mother, under the Mongolian domination. Nan Chao does not exist any more that of name and the dynasty of Nan Chao controlled by kings Aï Lao comes to a end into 902. From this year the population of Nan Chao is under the foreign dynasty (“end of the dynasty of Aï Lao de Nan Chao”).

kingdom of Lao Lane-Xang (Muaong Xieng Dong Xieng Thong)

from 757 to 1707.

"Lane-Xang" is the old name of "Laos", before 1893, the year when France colonized officially this Kingdom weakened by the invasions of the countries bordering. The territory of Lane-Xangenglobait all the provinces of the North-East and the North of current Thaïland, Laos, an Eastern part of Burma, Sip-Song-Banna in Yunnan Chinese, Sip-Song-Chau-taï in Western Tonkin, with the limit of the red river, a province of the North of Kampuchea, Konton, Methoua and Darlac.

Laos is one of the parts of the old Kingdom of Lane-Xang, detached free-Siamese, Franco-Chinese, Franco-English, free-Vietnameses signed towards the end of the 19è century and the beginning of the 20è century.

By these treaties, the Lao people had lost most of the territory of Lane-Xang to the profit of his more aggressive neighbors.

LUANG PRABANG CENTERS KINGDOM OF LANE-XANG.

F& Période missing of the end of the 8è century at the end of the 13è century.

$ Khun Lo ("Khun Lo" titrates of Prince at the time of Nan Chao…), wire of Khun Borom (Piluoge), first king of Lane-Xang whose capital is Xieng-Dong-Xieng-Thong (Quoted of forests and gold), is charged by his father with controlling at the same time this kingdom, and Nan Chao (Yunnan).

$ 780. Died of Khun Lo. His/her son, Khun Sung succeeds to him.

$ 780…? Reign of Khun Sung. After its death, there are 16 successive Princes on the throne as follows:

1. Khun DEK. 2. Khun Khoune. 3. Khun Khûn. 4. Khun Khab. 5. Khun Khao. 6. KhunKhane.

7. Khun Pheng. 8. Khun Pheune. 9. Khun Phi. 10. Khun Hung. 11. Khun Kham. 12. Thao Phane.

13. Thao Gnoung. 14. Thao Gneuk. 15. Thao Phin. 16. Thao Phat.

("Thao" titrates honorary conferred to the national heroes, to the kings or to the prince as from the time of Lane-Xang).

From the reign of Thao Phat, Lane-Xang completely cuts the relation traditional with Nan Chao, Kingdom-mother, under the Mongolian domination. Nan Chao does not exist any more that of name and the dynasty of Nan Chao controlled by kings Aï Lao comes to a end into 902. From this year the population of Nan Chao is under the foreign dynasty ("end of the dynasty of Aï Lao de Nan Chao").

very interesting, while i understand the emphasis on the kings, I m very curious about the local dynasties such as champassak and ponsawan areas or chiang saen (not to mention those of isan). I think these rich local traditions have a tendencies to be underestimated in favor of the more 'metropolitan' that managed to become seats of 'modern' governments.

Your data also suggests early and strong interaction with the Mons and Khmers in today's southern vietnam and modern day cambodia proper.

Do you have some data on the temples east of savannaket? I once visited one and I had trouble to make sense of the architecture, I mean some elements and statues. Guide books for cambodia and Isan are simply junk. The only good thing about the lonely planet is that it keeps a certain crowd away from isan rather than enticing them to visit.

very interesting, while i understand the emphasis on the kings, I m very curious about the local dynasties such as champassak and ponsawan areas or chiang saen (not to mention those of isan).

May I add Suvannakhomkham Kingdom? I am quite fascinated by it, although it was probably too much North to count as today-Isaan?

very interesting, while i understand the emphasis on the kings, I m very curious about the local dynasties such as champassak and ponsawan areas or chiang saen (not to mention those of isan).

May I add Suvannakhomkham Kingdom? I am quite fascinated by it, although it was probably too much North to count as today-Isaan?

please do, i think many of us are starved for additional information but a little lazy to pull it up on our own. We might even get some ideas for our next trip and places t o visit.

please do, i think many of us are starved for additional information but a little lazy to pull it up on our own. We might even get some ideas for our next trip and places t o visit.

Thanks for the information also, as i travel to these different places, it's very nice to know the local history as mentioned above, and not get the nationalistic view of it.

it truly give u a sense of whats around you,

as for Champaske Kingdom, i believe, so correct me if im wrong, is merely a kingdom more recent that was created after Lanchang broke up into 2 kingdoms, after the King had died, which were Loungprabang and Vientiane;

Champaske Kingdom was born when the nobles in Vientiane fought to who should rule the vientiane part of what was formly apart of Lanchang, and a bunch of the vientiane noble split town, went down south and create Champaske. well thats the short of it,

Edited by XiengHai