Khai Palo

llso

Hi

My wife is cooking some thai food and I would like to know what Khai Palo is in English. Anyone who has been here long enough has seen it. It has boiled eggs with pork in brown sweet watery soup. A recipe would be great if anyone knows. I sometimes have to find out the english names of things so we can buy it at the asian market here. Things are going well for us in U.S. and wife has a job at local supermarket making sushi. BTW, I sent her to school in BKK to get a certificicate in Japanese cooking before she left. Didn't want her to get stuck working in the Thai restaraunts here 6 or 7 days a wek 12 hours a day for less than minimum wage.

LL

Hi

My wife is cooking some thai food and I would like to know what Khai Palo is in English. Anyone who has been here long enough has seen it. It has boiled eggs with pork in brown sweet watery soup. A recipe would be great if anyone knows. I sometimes have to find out the english names of things so we can buy it at the asian market here. Things are going well for us in U.S. and wife has a job at local supermarket making sushi. BTW, I sent her to school in BKK to get a certificicate in Japanese cooking before she left. Didn't want her to get stuck working in the Thai restaraunts here 6 or 7 days a wek 12 hours a day for less than minimum wage.

LL

Since it's a Thai dish, I'm not sure it has an English name. Khai obviously means egg, and Palo is the name of the dish, as I usually hear it described. It tastes pretty similar to Chinese five-spice stew, so perhaps you could ask for that. Anyone else have other thoughts?

Hi

LL

Since it's a Thai dish, I'm not sure it has an English name. Khai obviously means egg, and Palo is the name of the dish, as I usually hear it described. It tastes pretty similar to Chinese five-spice stew, so perhaps you could ask for that. Anyone else have other thoughts?

Thanks,

That is it, That is the spices we bought I looked it up on Wiki. I had a feeling it was probably Chinese because it is not spicy at all.

LL

Hi

LL

Thanks,

That is it, That is the spices we bought I looked it up on Wiki. I had a feeling it was probably Chinese because it is not spicy at all.

LL

Maybe its ไข่พะโล้. Some recipes on Google for it eg

http://www.bloggang.com/viewblog.php?id=cu...=1&gblog=13, which has the ingredients (in Thai).

• 2 years later...