Used Laptops?

aussiecollin

Hi,

I am currently in Sydney Australia. I could buy a used laptop for around A$300.00 (less than Baht10K) and take to Thailand (after getting Thai stickers for the keyboard and loasing Thai opsys etc)

Easier to buy one in Thailand: but where do I go?? Parntip Plaza??

I travel to BKK NOv 5 then to Surin in 2 days time...have a niece there who is studying and needs a computer...yes it IS a neice :o

Help appreciated

Regards

Collin

A friend of mine bought a second hand laptop in Pantip Plaza, somewhere at the uppper floors.

There are many shops there who sell laptops from Japan, he had a good deal there. And second, once there was a problem and they fix it for free too.

But this was about 1,5 years ago. Not sure what kind of laptop you will get for about 10.000 baht.

11/2006 I got a Toshiba L100 for less than 15,000 Baht. New with warranty card and bag. At FRYS.com in the U.S. they advertise a new compaq with AMD Semperon 2500 CPU, 80 GB, 512 MB and Vista Home Basic for $ 370. (I had some bad experiences with used laptops and hidden defects. If you buy one, get a brand name with service offices world wide as my brand only had 1 center in Holland for all of Europe).

Comparing the Price in Thailand for used Laptops I do believe the prices are to high. You get a good new Laptop for as little as THB 17,000 but a good used one with same spec is nearly the same price!

Think about it and check the one you can get in Australia again! Comp[are spec and price between used and new!

Comparing the Price in Thailand for used Laptops I do believe the prices are to high. You get a good new Laptop for as little as THB 17,000 but a good used one with same spec is nearly the same price!

Think about it and check the one you can get in Australia again! Comp[are spec and price between used and new!

Thanks for the advice. Disadvantage of buying here (OZ) is that it needs to be stripped and loaded with he Thai OPSYs and Thai Office...and keyboard stickers....But thanks guys, I am pondering..

colin