What Are The Locations Of Central Area Immigration Offices.

Nibor1945

Hi.

Due to the latest movement of the "goalposts" It now seems that we have to report to our nearest Immigration bureau office as opposed to the "office of our choice" previously enjoyed.

I have posted this question in the visa section but on consideration thought a bit of local knowledge would be more productive.

For the past 12 years I have made the journey down to Bangkok for my annual visa extention of stay, now it appears I will have to submit my next application at the nearest local office. I made an attempt at finding a list of local offices and failed dismally, I expect other people will be in the same situation which is the reason for information on locations for the central area as opposed to my specific need.

In my case I live in Saraburi province on the border with Lopburi, so Lopburi city is much nearer to me than Saraburi city. However I've no idea where I will have to submit my next application as I have no knowledge of any immigration facilities in either province?

Anyone care to share their knowledge for the benifit of us central region denizens?

Thanks in anticipation. Nibor.

There's a relatively new immigration office in Ayutthaya (about 3 months old). It's not easy to find. If you're heading out from the centre of Ayutthaya towards Bangkok, turn right at the big chedi (towards Tesco Lotus by the back road), then take the first left. Look for some impressive gates just past the stadium and turn right. Follow the (private) road until you see a yellow building - about 300 metres - and you're there.

The office is pretty quiet, and service is pretty fast (so far - since not many people know about it).

If you're coming from the Bangkok direction, turn left at the sign for the stadium and the turn's on the left.

George has this list here . check to see if anything is close to you.

Thanks sbk.

I saw a similar list on a previous search but this one seems to be more comphrehensive, still nothing for people living in the middle of the Central region. There seems to be a lot of new offices opening around the country but it seems to take ages before they get "listed", hence my request for local knowledge. looks like that office in Ayuthaya is the nearest based on present knowledge, many thanks to you both for taking time out to help.

Regards Nibor.

• 1 month later...
Hi.

Due to the latest movement of the "goalposts" It now seems that we have to report to our nearest Immigration bureau office as opposed to the "office of our choice" previously enjoyed.

I have posted this question in the visa section but on consideration thought a bit of local knowledge would be more productive.

For the past 12 years I have made the journey down to Bangkok for my annual visa extention of stay, now it appears I will have to submit my next application at the nearest local office. I made an attempt at finding a list of local offices and failed dismally, I expect other people will be in the same situation which is the reason for information on locations for the central area as opposed to my specific need.

In my case I live in Saraburi province on the border with Lopburi, so Lopburi city is much nearer to me than Saraburi city. However I've no idea where I will have to submit my next application as I have no knowledge of any immigration facilities in either province?

Anyone care to share their knowledge for the benifit of us central region denizens?

Thanks in anticipation. Nibor.

Hello there!

I just want to know if you found the place. So how did it go? Were you able to get want you need from that office?

I am asking because I am in Saraburi too and I will be heading to the same place probably before the month ends.

From what I have gathered, it is quite secluded and a little hard to find. Are ther any prominent landmarks that could show the way for me?

Thanks!

Sensei

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sensei.

Sorry for the long delay in answering, the truth is I just didn't see it! I haven't been to Ayuthaya immigration yet, my next extension of visa is not until next year. "Oswulf" is the person with the knowledge you require as you can see from his previous post, appologies for not being able to help but would be grateful if you could let us know how you get on. Try a PM to Oswulf for more specific info? Wishing you all good luck.

Nibor.