Farang Guys Eying Up My Thai Gf

simon43

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had to punch out three Turkish blokes in Khao San Road a couple of years back...

they were literally just staring and staring at my wife as if she was a piece of meat in a supermarket

I saw quite a few farang men looking at Thai girls the same way.

Well,... :o

i always thought falang described anyone who isn't Thai and who looks a bit European and has a big nose

The way I understood it is that Farang is a "westerner" ( i.e European ).... I have always thought that the Turks are Arabs, some may say they are European because of the geography, however I'm sure the average Thai would assume they are Arab because of his/her appearance and therefore not farang but Arab

totster

i always thought falang described anyone who isn't Thai and who looks a bit European and has a big nose

The way I understood it is that Farang is a "westerner" ( i.e European ).... I have always thought that the Turks are Arabs, some may say they are European because of the geography, however I'm sure the average Thai would assume they are Arab because of his/her appearance and therefore not farang but Arab

totster

Since I am from Turkey, I felt obliged to clear this out. We Turks are a different race from Arabs, even though one can detect certain similarites in appearance between many Arabs and quite many Turks, just like between Japanese and Koreans.

In Turkey, there are quite many different ''looks'' (well isn't that the case for many nations). For instance, almost everyone in Thailand and even some people here in Turkey think that I am from somewhere in Western or Central Europe. And in Thailand, I am referred to as 'farang' but a Turkish friend of mine in Bangkok is referred to as 'kaek' (a term used by Thais to refer to most Middle Easterners). I am not a big fan of either of these terms. When one knows that these words are used with reference to skin color and sometimes in a negative manner, it is not nice at all. I wrote 'sometimes', not 'always'.......in caseI am criticised for the comment in the previous sentence.

Regards,

Jem

Since I am from Turkey, I felt obliged to clear this out. We Turks are a different race from Arabs, even though one can detect certain similarites in appearance between many Arabs and quite many Turks, just like between Japanese and Koreans.

In Turkey, there are quite many different ''looks'' (well isn't that the case for many nations). For instance, almost everyone in Thailand and even some people here in Turkey think that I am from somewhere in Western or Central Europe. And in Thailand, I am referred to as 'farang' but a Turkish friend of mine in Bangkok is referred to as 'kaek' (a term used by Thais to refer to most Middle Easterners). I am not a big fan of either of these terms. When one knows that these words are used with reference to skin color and sometimes in a negative manner, it is not nice at all. I wrote 'sometimes', not 'always'.......in caseI am criticised for the comment in the previous sentence.

Regards,

Jem

Good reply JemJem...

Of course there will be diversity within the Turkish race, i suppose that is a product of being a "frontier country" ( i.e where the middle east meets Europe ).

Whether we like it or not I'm sure all of us make assumptions as to someones origin based upon looks... for example my first reaction upon deciding whether someone is Turkish or not would be whether they "looked" Middle Eastern, this is most probably a stereotypical view that I have, but based on previous experience etc.. Just the same as I would look for blue eyes and blonde hair in Scandinavians.

A couple of years ago I met a guy on the plane and met with him again in BKK for a night out, all the girls were asking him if he was Arab... the point is he wasn't, he was mixed race Afro - Caribbean/ White, but to them he looked Arab.

So my point is if Robsayer2000 thought they were Turks it is probably because of the middle eastern looks... therefore Thai's would make the same connections and define them as Arab... based upon looks

Sorry for taking this off topic guys... :o

How come many farang men prefer Thai women who are short and whose bodies are pencil-thin?

Razor thin….

Because they are slim, sexy and feline. Thai women are amongst some of the most attractive women I’ve ever seen. However I’m sure this has been discussed many many times before on this forum. But it's true.

A question for the guys on this forum. (Sorry girls :o ).

When I'm walking with my Thai GF I often notice farang guys eying her up (and she notices this as well). I mean they will try to catch her eye and smile at her.

Now this could be because they want to show their sympathy with her for being stuck with such a prat :D

But it really seems to be that they are trying to flirt with her.

Is it the case that some farang consider any Thai girl easy game, even if she is actually with her boyfriend at the time?

(Or maybe these farang mistaka a girl's smile as a 'come-on', as opposed to a gesture of politeness).

Simon

well if she looks like a BG & dresses like a BG then she's gonna be considered fair game, isn't she? ... maybe she's giving em' the eye cos your on your way out buddy boy...

So my point is if Robsayer2000 thought they were Turks it is probably because of the middle eastern looks...

Or maybe because he does not like Turks.

For whatever reason,... :o

Maybe they served him a dodgy kebab down the high street one night... :D

So my point is if Robsayer2000 thought they were Turks it is probably because of the middle eastern looks...

Sorry to further go off the original topic but I have to mention that some of the kebab I had in London (lived there for about 4 years) was much more delicious than a lot of the kebab I have had here in Istanbul. I especially enjoyed the kebab of a Turkish take away shop in Richmond, nearby the Richmond Bridge... possibly the best doner kebab I have ever had.

Regards,

Jem

Sorry to further go off the original topic but I have to mention that some of the kebab I had in London (lived there for about 4 years) was much more delicious than a lot of the kebab I have had here in Istanbul. I especially enjoyed the kebab of a Turkish take away shop in Richmond, nearby the Richmond Bridge... possibly the best doner kebab I have ever had.

Regards,

Jem

Couldn't agree more.... got some fantastic Kebab shops in my area, one in particular does a chicken/lamb combo with a mean chilli sauce... :D