Sizzler Delays: Sizzler Pays!

eljeque

While eating at Sizzler in Royal Garden with my gf, a friend and his gf, three of our meals arrived within about 10 minutes. So, we waited for the last order. And waited, and after a while later, the manager came to tell us that the T-Bone was actually sent to another table and had already been consumed. She did apologize and asked us to wait another 10 minutes. As my friend did not speak Thai, and as the two women were rather docile in nature, except when it came to being paid on time, I thought that I should discuss the restaurant's responsibility in ths case.

I asked the manager about a discount for the error. She then looked at my girlfriend. As this is not the first time that I have requested discounts for business errors, my girlfriend was well aware that I was not fond of the person whom I was speaking with to look away from me. There is no reason for this manager to seek clarification from my girlfriend. It was very simple. The restaurant had made an error and I was requesting that they take financial responsibility for the error. She then looked back at me and said that his meal order would be available soon. I asked about the discount again.

I think that she figured that her time could be spent better elsewhere, that I was not going to back down, and also that her own nationals sitting at the table were not going to request that I rescind my request. So, she gave us a discount, a STAFF DISCOUNT which she said was 15% but came out to be 20% on the one meal (T-Bone at 750 baht).

So, I must commend Sizzler on their customer service.

gf's that are docile "except when it came to being paid on time"?

never had to pay a gf for being my gf.

is medical and dental included?

asking for a STAFF DISCOUNT at a restaurant for an innocent mistake...

try the restuarant on thappraya road in jomtien that has a sign that says "you no like you no pay".

try the restuarant on thappraya road in jomtien that has a sign that says "you no like you no pay".

Actually, that place has a disclaimer sign inside which basically says, we don't really care if you don't like it, if you eat it, you do pay! Guess they ran into some really extreme cheapos. Anyway, as a matter of fact, I experienced repeated scams there with the bill engineered by the "innocent" little boy waiter. Unless you don't care, or if you like fighting with little boy waiters, suggest a miss.

Edited by Jingthing

.....the manager came to tell us that the T-Bone was actually sent to another table and had already been consumed.

This is the bit that I like. The person who consumed the steak probably only wanted to pay for the salad bar. :o

You're right - probably WeHo - but he won't write about something good happening to him.

Sorry, but over the years I have found Sizzlers quality and service to have gone down - prices gone up.

Since they expanded out of the basic premises, onto the pavement (for smokers, I assume) and into the public area of RGP they have added many covers, but not changed the salad bar or cooking facilities to keep up.

And the East European patronage has increased vastly, so the salad bar needs constant refill.

While eating at Sizzler in Royal Garden with my gf, a friend and his gf, three of our meals arrived within about 10 minutes. So, we waited for the last order. And waited, and after a while later, the manager came to tell us that the T-Bone was actually sent to another table and had already been consumed. She did apologize and asked us to wait another 10 minutes. As my friend did not speak Thai, and as the two women were rather docile in nature, except when it came to being paid on time, I thought that I should discuss the restaurant's responsibility in ths case.

I asked the manager about a discount for the error. She then looked at my girlfriend. As this is not the first time that I have requested discounts for business errors, my girlfriend was well aware that I was not fond of the person whom I was speaking with to look away from me. There is no reason for this manager to seek clarification from my girlfriend. It was very simple. The restaurant had made an error and I was requesting that they take financial responsibility for the error. She then looked back at me and said that his meal order would be available soon. I asked about the discount again.

I think that she figured that her time could be spent better elsewhere, that I was not going to back down, and also that her own nationals sitting at the table were not going to request that I rescind my request. So, she gave us a discount, a STAFF DISCOUNT which she said was 15% but came out to be 20% on the one meal (T-Bone at 750 baht).

There are 3 common occurances in restaurants in Thailand (Pattaya):

1. Meals coming out at different times.

2. Meals coming out wrong.

3. Meals being completely forgotten.

Don't forget where you are.

If you wait, you'll be eating a cold meal.

I never wait until my partner's meal arrives if mine comes first (or visa versa). After about 10 - 15 minutes I'll ask a waitress if they have forgotten it.

Your perseverance to get a discount was extreme.

IMO you're far too hard on restaurant staff. Try easing up and being a little more forgiving.

Edited by tropo

The "No Like No pay" 'restaurant', Jomtien is one of the WORST place to eat anywhere in Pattaya! Ate there once and the food was disgusting, not even the basic culinary skills (or ingredients) required to put together a reasonable Thai meal. Service was not good either. Complaints were met with the usual weak, pseudo diplomatic smile. It seems that the brash "No Like No Pay" marketing ploy is a huge bluff which obviously works because they're still in business!

I did pay but won't be eating there again. Avoid it.

Edited by matador

20 per cent discount, or a nice great big luminous green booger on your friends meal? I would have kept my smart ass mouth shut.......just my 20 per cents..... :o

On a related matter: when you see a big thunderstorm brewing, order a pizza from Pizza Company. If they're later than 40 Minutes you get it FREE. In a country where gambling is outlawed, thre's nothing quite like a game of pizza roulette on a rainy tuesday night.