Nakhon Games A Blessing Or A Curse?

snowflake

What is your opinion?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I just have to ask since we have now entered September month which by the way is my birtday month... FRIENDS, I WANT PRESENTS....

Nakhon Games will start in 10 days I think and more people will come to town to compete in friendly sports activities, anyone think that is good or bad for town... Sure the local shops around town will make more money, and the town will get more tourists down here to watch the games, but, what about the people that lives here who will surly be happy for the games but have to work so much harder just to be pushed around. What about the poor students who I am sure will be happy to know that they will get a longer school vacation because of these games? They will not get the education they should have...

What about the enviroment, more traffic jams, more garbage, more drunkeness...

Are the games good or bad... Will you leave town or will you stay here..... Will you go and watch some of the sports that they will have in the stadium? Will your life be effected by the games?

Or am I just barking mad??? :o

Life will go on as normal for me, actually I wasn't even aware of the games, :o

I saw the big bird ads but since I don't read Thai and didn't ask anyone, and neither my husband or daughter have talked about it I thought it was about the university games in January (which I do care about since I get more time off) :D

Back on point, I would love to see some sporting events if I can. :D

Something to do :D

Each year one province is host to the 'National (school/youth) Games'. A few years ago I lived in Phangnga Town and they hosted the games there. Now, for anyone who knows Phangnga Town, it's not exactly a big place and the only difference I noticed was that a couple of the hotels were busier than usual but the majority of competitors/trainers and families/spectators slept dorm style in local government buildings. Events are held in many different venues and to be honest, I don't think you'll see much difference at all. In fact I'd say most of the people coming to Nakhon will be more interested in the Jatukarms than the sports!

Just another day! :o

Edited by VTR1000