Just Got My 5th Tv In Penang

"Did you do 30-day extensions with all of them?"

YES, no problem (yet) in Pattaya, Jomtien office.

Congratulations. This is good news!

Please be aware that good news regarding visa situations is not appropriate for posting. This forum exists to spread resentment and fear and doom.

It may seem that way to some people but the forum is designed to help inform - and good news is surly as welcome as bad. It just doesn't get the response negative stories receive. Unfortunately people are more inclined to "write the editor" when they have problems than when it is smooth sailing.

Just being a bit humorous as the negative thread is now 689-7 against this positive one. I heartily acknowledge that much great information has been accessable to folks on this forum that has made their lives more positive! A lot of pain and resentment bred by the negative, but that's what freedom of expression is all about, I guess.

Just being a bit humorous as the negative thread is now 689-7 against this positive one. I heartily acknowledge that much great information has been accessable to folks on this forum that has made their lives more positive! A lot of pain and resentment bred by the negative, but that's what freedom of expression is all about, I guess.

Most people would only find this forum when they have problems or confusion, just as I found it last year on a Google search.

For all we know there are many people who have received 5 TV's in a row , but are not reporting here.

actually - i weighing the costs of this nonsense. based on what a visa costs (incl transit) is bordering stupid. im sure i do it cheapest of anyone if you couple a TR with 3 visa runs --- ten months here will cost you minimum of b19k from pattaya. that is sleeping in a dorm in penang and eating local ..and beers in the cheapest drinkshop on penang as well.

i just wish philippines housing wasnt such a poor value,tat is the only thing keeping mefrom the move atthis point.

Edited by jinjok

"Did you do 30-day extensions with all of them?"

YES, no problem (yet) in Pattaya, Jomtien office.

Congratulations. This is good news!

Please be aware that good news regarding visa situations is not appropriate for posting. This forum exists to spread resentment and fear and doom.

yes thats exactly what you do when somebody here dares to say something positive about ANOTHER country.....

I'm set for my Penang visa run in late October/early November (anyone wanna come?) and I understand that using an agent is the most reassuring and cost effective and trusted, dare I say, means of obtaining the visa.

I understand that I will be referred to an agent on checkin at the hotel. Anyone with recommendations? Thank you.

:o

I'm set for my Penang visa run in late October/early November (anyone wanna come?) and I understand that using an agent is the most reassuring and cost effective and trusted, dare I say, means of obtaining the visa.

I understand that I will be referred to an agent on checkin at the hotel. Anyone with recommendations? Thank you.

Have had no trouble with 5 visas (alternating Penang and Vientiane). Banana Guest House on Chulia st in Penang were the last people I used -great! V. friendly, and have a 150 baht airport minivan servive too which beats getting a taxi by about 200 baht. Very efficient and free internet if you stay there, but don't get the cheapest room - like a prison cell (not that I'be stayed in one!).

Have had no trouble with 5 visas (alternating Penang and Vientiane). Banana Guest House on Chulia st in Penang were the last people I used -great! V. friendly, and have a 150 baht airport minivan servive too which beats getting a taxi by about 200 baht. Very efficient and free internet if you stay there, but don't get the cheapest room - like a prison cell (not that I'be stayed in one!).

I used Banana Guest house in May and they charge 20 Ringgit (200 baht) for their airport pick-up and drop-off.

They charge 200 baht for their visa service.

I used Banana Guest house in May and they charge 20 Ringgit (200 baht) for their airport pick-up and drop-off.

They charge 200 baht for their visa service.

Great information. I may have to travel to Penang in a couple of months myself, so may use the same guesthouse.

I did hear a rumour that Penang was issuing multiple entry TV again. Is this the case or is it still only single entry?

cheers

Ah -think I may have it now! No double t.v's as yet, only single in Penang. Banana Guest House really are good - also fantastic huge bar/retsaurant,chill out space downstairs. All the guests I met were really cool people (is that something to do with thye reputaion of the place) whilst cursory glances into other spots on Chulia saw drunken american/brit louts. A drinker myself you understand, but the staff at banana just so nicely set the tone for a cool relaxing place. One or two a'holes who had just arrived soon after our party had were politely but firmly shown the way elsewhere. :o

Their accommodation is nothing special, but if you are are only staying for one night, it doesn't really matter too much. If you plan to stay more than one night I would suggest finding somewhere nicer to stay...depending on your budget of course.

A mate of mine got his non O multi with no drama or proof of funds about 3 weeks ago. Seems like Penang is back in business... :o

Yes No Problem Got one last Friday 06/09/07 But make sure you ask for one year as they initially offered me 3 months

Took copy of Marriage Document. Trebian Bann. Wifes I D card and took my wife.

No problem 550 ringot cost

no request

Their accommodation is nothing special, but if you are are only staying for one night, it doesn't really matter too much. If you plan to stay more than one night I would suggest finding somewhere nicer to stay...depending on your budget of course.

Last time I was down in Penang I stayed a week ... at the Hotel Malaysia. I had stayed there on a previous visit for four nights, but thought it was a bit too pricey for a relatively long-term stay (99 ringit per night). I'm thinking of nix-ing the 30-day extension on my current TV and just going down there to apply for another 60-day TV (I need a break from Pattaya after two months). Maybe stay *two* weeks in Penang the next time. Heck, you get a 90-day visa-exempt entry stamp, so why not enjoy it for a while, huh? Saw a "heritage" guest house in the course of wanderings on my last visit, called the Hutton House, that looked pretty cool. I checked the website, and the prices are pretty reasonable--like, half of what I was paying at the Malaysia. Might try there. Agree that if your going for just a very short stay, any of the quaint li'l guesthouses on Chulia Street might be suitable, but I like my comfort.

• 2 months later...