Banhkok - Options To Sofitel Silom?

JBStuart

I'm going to be in Bangkok in January and am considering staying at the Sofitel Silom. Does anyone here have opinions of similar quality hotels in the Silom area? Anywhere in the $100-150 US range is fine. Since I'll be working, in-room wifi (preferable) or broadband internet connections are a must. Wifi by the pool a plus as well :o

BTW, couldn't find it on the Sofitel site, but does anyone know if they charge extra for in-room internet?

Thanks much

John B

I stayed there and they had the normal CAT5 plugs for broadband and some free computers in the lounge on the 27th floor. WiFi is the norm, I think. They also have a great breakfast (anything from a lovely selection of quality cheeses to juice pressed on the spot). We bought some upgrade and coctails and tea etc. were included.

The gym was okay and there was a whirlpool in the men's changing area plus a sauna. ** the outdoor pool is nice but not very large. ** Money wise, it is expensive for BKK, but you also get some real value like crisp sharp TV channels, CD player & radio and very good service.

When ever I have family come to see me in Bangkok, I put them into Sofitel in Silom. It's a great hotel, the reviews speak for themseleves: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2...ok-Bangkok.html

If your prepared to pay $100+ per night, why are you worrying how much the net is going to cost? :o

I'm not worrying, just curious since I'll be working a lot while there and maybe online 8-10 hour some days. I don't mind spending money on a trip, I'm just trying to avoid a credit card bill later on for all of the "little things" that always seem to add up to more than the original trip itself :D

Nothing wrong with Sofitel Silom at all. I'd recommend any of the Sofitel places in Thailand, as they are all of a good standard. I agree that Sofitel Silom is a little overpriced, but as an alternative go to Sofitel Grand Sukhumvit on Soi 6 Sukhumvit if you want to stay in a Sofitel. It is also right by the BTS and very new.

When ever I have family come to see me in Bangkok, I put them into Sofitel in Silom. It's a great hotel, the reviews speak for themseleves: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2...ok-Bangkok.html

If your prepared to pay $100+ per night, why are you worrying how much the net is going to cost? :o

I'm not worrying, just curious since I'll be working a lot while there and maybe online 8-10 hour some days. I don't mind spending money on a trip, I'm just trying to avoid a credit card bill later on for all of the "little things" that always seem to add up to more than the original trip itself :D

If your going to work 8-10 hours per day, I'd suggest finding a hotelk with bigger rooms. The rooms at the sofitel in silom are are big enough to relax for a bit, sleep, dump and shower, but not ideal for working long hours in! Just my opinion though!

You could try President Park ( think that's the name?) in Suk, they have bigger rooms, a little cheaper than Sofitel, centrally located and have net access.

Maybe other member's could recommend hotels with bigger rooms?

Anyway, enjoy your time here :D

When i stay on Silom Rd i always use the 'Trinity Silom Hotel' part of the Trinity Complex

excellent place to stay. The suite rooms have bedroom with ensuite, good size living room and small kitchen. very comfortable..

price around 2500 baht

I stayed there last night.

They do not have wifi...they have the high speed internet plug in which they charge for.

I got 10 wifi signals at various times when I took my laptop by the window (18th floor) but all but 1 was security emabled and the only one that wasn't, was so weak it couldn't be used.

Nice hotel and I have stayed there everytime I have been in Bangkok, but no wifi