Isaan Tattoo

LoungMaak

My guess is that it's a love bite or hickey. Alternatively it might be that the word tattoo is being used to mean a parade. In the case of the latter an Issan Tattoo would go as follows:

Girl - Darling, I no have money.

Farang - March to ATM, get money and return.

:o

Edited by chiang mai

I have heard of a Samui tattoo,

This where your leg touches the hot exhaust pipe of a motorbike.

Thus leave'n you with a nice burn on your leg!

Issan Tattoo could be the same?? or a nice tattoo a buffalo will leave you if you piss it off!

But that is a whole different story!

Hello,

does anybody know what a "isaan tattoo" is?

Thanks for any feedback.

Loung Maak.

Well, my wifes father has a real one right across his chest and so does his son.

Wife says that it is to protect from the ghosts

The father is a bit of a medicine man and has quite high standing in the village.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I would say Isaan tattoo are identical to the cousin across the Mekong river(Lanxang River), the tattoo are mostly cover the thighs and that is the reason why we're called Lao Poung kaow and Lanna was called Lao Poung Dum because of tattoo stomach.

Edited by AiLao

My guess is that it's a love bite or hickey. Alternatively it might be that the word tattoo is being used to mean a parade. In the case of the latter an Issan Tattoo would go as follows:

Girl - Darling, I no have money.

Farang - March to ATM, get money and return.

:o

:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
Mine is from a Honda "Nice". Missnamed if you ask me.

calf.jpg

my understanding is that the burn is called a thai kiss. look at the shape of the burn

but as for the tattoo i have a phuket one mine i got from sliding down the rode on my arms and legs. Dont think they are going avay any time soon

A couple of weeks before I left Ban kok talat in isaan in march 1966 for the first time, the puyai baan asked me if I would accept a gift which would bring me luck and good health, and which would always be a reminder of my friends in isaan,I had visions of maybe another Amulett or intricate carving. Wrong :D it was a 2 day visit to Wat Amnat Charoen, where both my shoulders were tattooed quite artistically,and now looking back after 40 years, they are still working their magic, here,s to the next 40 years :o Nignoy