Good Phuket Dentist?

bigben

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced dentist in Phuket please?

Preferably english speaking.

I need at least 1 crown, possibly 2 and general clean, polish etc etc.

I've searched the forum and found recommendations for Dentalsea and for Bangkok Hospital Phuket.

Any recent experiences of these 2 or new recommendations would be great thanks.

Will be staying at Patong Beach but it seems nowhere is that far in Phuket and I dont mind travelling for a good dentist

Thanks!!

Dr.Prasert Theplaong in Phuket town (right next to the Bangkok Phuket Hospital) is an amazing dentist.

I consider him the best i've ever gone to in my life.

He speaks excellent English, and has done 6 crowns for me plus some other work.

Check out his website if you like at: www.phuketdentalcenter.com

He is very friendly too and gives free quotes.

I've been to many dentists in Phuket and I must admit that I've yet to have a bad experience. My favorite dental clinic is Promjai Dental Clinic. I've seen three different dentists there and they all are fluent in English. Check out http://www.promjaidental.com Tel: 076 261836 Email: [email protected]

They aren't the cheapest, but they are among the best.

Good luck!

I have just had a canal root treatment done at Dental Sea Clinic (Prabarami rd 39/3, Patong, tel 0872775014) with Dr. Jom. She did an excellent work and I also did ceramic reconstruction. The place is clean and the staff is nice and professional, I was adviced to go there from a friend that lives and work in Phuket . A nice experience, paid 8.000 bath, in Rome the same treatment goes for about 20.000 bath. :o

Granted that dental costs are likely to vary fairly wildly and with the patient's individual case, is there a ball park figure cost for a "Crown"

I've had a few done in Bangkok over the last couple of years at what I consider is a very good Dental Clinic.

Each crown cost 10,000 Baht which I considered quite fair as the cost in AUS is considerably more than that.

I took my Thai wife to the same clinic a few days back, she needs a crown, and they are quoting 14,000 Baht for the Crown "PLUS" 5,000 Baht for the Root Canal.

Now pardon my ignorance, but I thought a crown procedure naturally included the necessary root canal and I'm sure that MY total all-up cost for each crown was 10,000. The job cost was not broken down to show the root canal as a separate charge.

Am I wrong about this? Is the Crown job and Root canal two separate procedures (I know they are physically), or should it all be part of the one package?

Even allowing for normal price rises, the total cost of 19,000 Baht in my wifes' case, far outweighs the 10,000 I paid in 2005 & 2006.

Thanks in anticipation.