Home Entertainment Systems? Best Place To Buy?

jumbo2

Moving into my new house soon and want to fit it out with a home entertainment system.Anyone have any recomdations as to which shop is the best and most reputable place to find lcd T.V's, music systems,come and set it all up to my specifications etc etc.?

Thanks

Moving into my new house soon and want to fit it out with a home entertainment system.Anyone have any recomdations as to which shop is the best and most reputable place to find lcd T.V's, music systems,come and set it all up to my specifications etc etc.?

Thanks

Congrats on moving to your new home.

I am constantly shopping for more and better a/v gear. It has been a hobby of mine for decades. I have not been happy with the knowledge level of folks in the Pattaya area. The Lotus, Big C, Carrefour folks are mostly misinformed. Numchai is some better, but I have had severe customer service problems with them. You will hear audio distorted beyond recognition by maximum application of treble and bass boost. TV's are set way over saturated and over bright. I am fairly familiar what is on offer here and would be happy to make specific suggestions. The Denon dealer in town seemed fairly knowledgeable, but has no reasonable audition area.

PM me with what you are looking for and price range. I am retired and merely love music and film.

Best of luck

kdf

Numchai have a deal ( if you ask ) on Boston Acoustics. superb quality, now made in KL so cheaper in Asia. US HI-Fi mags give 5 star ratings. They have a "Voyager" range of outdoor speakers. I have installed them in my house along with the indoor set up. Fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Numchai is ok as others say but I was a little let down with their selection of Stereo Equipment. If you want a standard packaged Flat Screen and Home

theater Numchai is great. Way better then Powerbuy or anywhere else, the guys can install with no problems.

But if you are looking to setup a home stereo with speakers in multiple locations, maybe with the ability of a selector switch for those locations and

independent volume nobs and all the goodies. I found that the company that is currently in Siam Paragon Department Store, near all the dishes

and other appliances.. are good. They are doing a install soon for me.

They had at least 4 different kinds of outdoor speakers, 10 different kinds of really nice indoor bookshelf speakers and everything else. They will

come to Pattaya and install for a small fee extra.

I'll try to edit the post later with my contacts info.

Thanks

Numchai is ok as others say but I was a little let down with their selection of Stereo Equipment. If you want a standard packaged Flat Screen and Home

theater Numchai is great. Way better then Powerbuy or anywhere else, the guys can install with no problems.

But if you are looking to setup a home stereo with speakers in multiple locations, maybe with the ability of a selector switch for those locations and

independent volume nobs and all the goodies. I found that the company that is currently in Siam Paragon Department Store, near all the dishes

and other appliances.. are good. They are doing a install soon for me.

They had at least 4 different kinds of outdoor speakers, 10 different kinds of really nice indoor bookshelf speakers and everything else. They will

come to Pattaya and install for a small fee extra.

I'll try to edit the post later with my contacts info.

Speaker selector switches and volume knobs are very old fashioned, check out Sonos and Nuvo Technologies "Grand Concerto" for whats becoming the new norm.

sonos-controller-hands.jpg

Must state that I am involved with distribution for both product lines here in Thailand.

Numchai have a deal ( if you ask ) on Boston Acoustics. superb quality, now made in KL so cheaper in Asia. US HI-Fi mags give 5 star ratings. They have a "Voyager" range of outdoor speakers. I have installed them in my house along with the indoor set up. Fantastic.

What sort or "deals" do they have?

I am interested in a new system too but don't want to spend too much as a professional quality package would be wasted.

Do they have a website?

On ya fellas...