Bhat Bus Co-operative

Tammi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used buses and taxis exclusively for about 3 years after moving out from South Pattaya to View Talay. I used them because I did not have transport of my own. I have good relationships with the motorbike guys at VT2 and at a few other points in town. I know a couple of bus drivers as well.

Now I live out past Sukhumvit. I have a truck so I no longer need buses for shopping and the like. However, if i want to do out for a drink, I must use "public" transport. There is not baht bus option from where I live, not until Sukhumvit at least and I am not even sure then. So my realistic options are a bike from the moo bahn and then either a bike or a private hire baht bus return.

What do lots of people do ? they drink and drive.

You know it never is the actual amount it is the fact that they are ripping you off.

I'd love taxis ploughing the roads east of Sukhumvit but they want Bt150 for a fare into town - why ? because that is in line with the rip off baht buses !

The Bangkok equivalent is the tuk tuks. Crap service, rip off prices but they cannot force the taxis off the street.

All one can do is refuse to pay. Take another option or just stay in or walk.