Water Quality-phuket?

VonD

The tapwater is not drinkable anywhere in Thailand.

Where I live now in Phuket, if I fill a glas with tapwater it's more yellow than transparent. Not good enough to use for cooking, but OK for taking a shower.

The places I have stayed in Pattaya it has been OK.

where?

at the beach

from the taps

in the shower

Good point. I have no idea why I assumed it was tapwater he wants to know about.

Ok, to be at the safe side. Water in the ocean by the shores of Pattaya is filithy. Way better over here in Phuket.

Edited by jckei

I live in Rawai and my water (tap) is excellent. I don't drink it but do brush my teeth with it and everything else except drinking.

If your question is about the water at the beach, that changes daily but seems very clean on the west side compared to the east side of phuket.

We've been having lots of rain so i believe the water table is up and there is no problems with shortages either.

I live in Rawai and my water (tap) is excellent. I don't drink it but do brush my teeth with it and everything else except drinking.

If your question is about the water at the beach, that changes daily but seems very clean on the west side compared to the east side of phuket.

We've been having lots of rain so i believe the water table is up and there is no problems with shortages either.

I too live in Rawai & was actually shocked a few weeks ago, after much rain, when someone left the garden hose on - at very low pressure, as that is all we ever get from the well. The water table ran dry - the whole neighbourhood was out.... That was it for about four hours, until the pump filled our tanks enough.

Water is precious, it seems! :o

In some areas (eg Patong) the water board claim the water is potable. But the problem is you never know where your water come from. If from a private ground well then for sure that water is contaminated, if from a very deep borehore then that water could be drinkable. The general rule is drink bottled water, but brush teeth should be Ok.

As for beach water quality (& sand quality), can't even compare Pattaya with Phuket. Phuket is way way better.