Sending 2 Used Cell Phones To Thailand

siamamerican

Sending from where to where?

I suppose you want to send them from outside Thailand to your family in Thailand. Well, yes, there are taxes due. I don't know how much, though, but my wife once had forgotten her phone in Switzerland and I sent it to her to Bangkok. Big mistake.

To make a long story short, I had Thai Custom send it back to Switzerland and brought it with me with me following trip to Thailand.

If they were bought in US it may be they cannot be unlocked, so useless here, better check first.

Naka.

have never actually sent a phone to LOS, but have brought them over or someone has delivered them for us, we have been able to get them all unlocked prior to using them here.

Thanks for the replies. The phones are unlocked, but I've gathereed from the replies that it isn't worht it. I'll bring them over with me on my next trip.

Thanks again

I'd check to see if the model/make of the handy can load thai language pack - be pretty worthless otherwise - thai(s) love their sms. :o

whenever you send something to thailand from another country, you ABSOLUTELY , POSITIVELY have to declare it as a 'personal item' and 'gift'.

send through normal post and never send via fedex if trying to avoid taxes, fedex wil always get charged and pass it on to you.

if your sending from the US send it via USPS ... not UPS