Buying Air Asia Tickets In Thailand

I am starting to see stickers on windows on travel agencies for Air Asia. When I asked one little shop a price it was crazy stupid. Was this just bad luck, tiny shop or is AA still really only an online service. I don't mind paying a bit more - I don't like to use my CC in the internet

Bought an Air Asia ticket for a trip in May this year and booked through the Internet and paid with my credit card. After studiously following the instructions making sure that the dates were correct, I reach the page where it summarizes the itinerary and all I had to do was press the enter key to seal the deal.

Having done so, I get a message telling me the dates for my booking. Fight from Chiang Rai to Bangkok - OKEY. Date for Bangkok to Chiang Rai - OKEY But not the MONTH. Somehow, the month for my return flight was screwed up, and I had to buy another ticket for the correct date for my return trip.

Someone from Bangkok also mentioned that same thing happened to a friend. Something fishy with the Air Asia online booking system. PLEASE BEWARE!!!

I am starting to see stickers on windows on travel agencies for Air Asia. When I asked one little shop a price it was crazy stupid. Was this just bad luck, tiny shop or is AA still really only an online service. I don't mind paying a bit more - I don't like to use my CC in the internet

Something sure is screwed up if a company such as Air Asia is spelling OKAY as "OKEY" ???????????

I've booked more flights than I can remember over the last two years with A A and never had a problem, I find their service excellent and thank them for helping bring down prices all over the region.

As long as they maintain their safety record, I will remain satisfied.

Edited by fishhooks

Air Asia have booths in Tesco Lotus stores, all airports to which they fly and a few other places where you can buy for cash. If you request an agent to book for you I'm sure they wont do it for free.

Check out their web site, you can also make phone bookings and with a booking code pay at the 7/11 for a few baht commission.

Edited by Mahout Angrit

Air Asia shops such as the one on naklua Road, just north of the Dolphin roundabout in Pattaya charge Bt250 processing fee plus 7% VAT on the total cost. Works out about another Bt500 Bt700 per trip.

If you don't like using a CC online, get a virtual card from Kaisikorn Bank, open 2 accoutns and just transfer over the amount needed to complete the purchase. As it is linked to your account balance with no credit facilities, it is fraud proof.