24 Hour Controlled Storage

KHUNDAN

I am just trying to get some feedback on wheather my idea will work or not work here in Thailand and would like some honest feedback.

I am looking at building some secure storage buildings that will have fenced in area, 24 hour security, Insurance for your storaged items as well as short term and long term lease/rent.

I have not seen any of these anywhere in Thailand and believe that if it is secure and insured then people would want it. Looking at Bangkok and Pattaya for now and if it works out later up country as well as the northeast.

Please give me your thoughts. Good or bad idea?

It depends on how much you plan on charging. Myself I rent a small room for 3000 per month 35sqm and use that for storage. It's a mainly Thai apartment building, but as you said I could not find a storage place here in BKK. I know of other friends who do the same as I do.

could be a good idea!

There are a number of companies offering this service already, the problem seems to be finding a location {practical for the client to offload} which would be both accessible and affordable.

Regards

/edit PS By affordable I mean for the company to be able to offer the space at a rate which covers costs.//

Edited by A_Traveller

There are a number of companies offering this service already, the problem seems to be finding a location {practical for the client to offload} which would be both accessible and affordable.

Regards

/edit PS By affordable I mean for the company to be able to offer the space at a rate which covers costs.//

Maybe the OP could offer a pick up service.

Bangkok Self Storage (link I posted above) is conveniently located (on Rama 4 not far from the Carrefour Super Store, more or less at the foot of soi 36 if Sukhumvit is the centre of your universe) and charges only 100 baht per piece per week for backpacker storage. I don't know how much they charge for traditional storage, but it's in line. I've found them to be very secure, professional and clean.

What I would love to find is someone who offers a container service. Basically, you rent a yard somewhere way out in the sticks, have a 40 ton overhead crane, and then people rent either 20' or 40' containers.

The service delivers the container on a trailer and picks it up the next day.

This is for long term storage only, where the items will not be accessed regularly.

The main idea here is that the service needs to be cheap to make it interesting. A 20' container would have to be stored for about 1000 baht per month to bring it on par cost wise with just renting a 35 sq. meter room somewhere.

For me personally, an idea like this would work, and I think it would be a hit with others.