Mig Welding Rigs

macan

I remember a recent thread on TIG welding where it was mentioned that there is a brand of TIG welder that was a copy of a US brand, and I wondered if similar MIG outfits were also available here. I only see Stick and TIG welders in the DIY shops; had a look at the Diamond International site but only saw Lincoln Electric which I am guessing would be pretty expensive (they havent replied to my email enquiry yet)

I am looking for something to do repair work around the farm (pumps, handling tables, tanks) and some light fabrication with aluminium, stainless and mild steel but we probably dont need a professional set-up. Our mechanics are pretty good stick welders but as someone on the forum pointed out 'its like shaving with a spoon'.

So anybody got any recommendations for local suppliers and/or brands to look for (or avoid)?

I remember a recent thread on TIG welding where it was mentioned that there is a brand of TIG welder that was a copy of a US brand, and I wondered if similar MIG outfits were also available here. I only see Stick and TIG welders in the DIY shops; had a look at the Diamond International site but only saw Lincoln Electric which I am guessing would be pretty expensive (they havent replied to my email enquiry yet)

I am looking for something to do repair work around the farm (pumps, handling tables, tanks) and some light fabrication with aluminium, stainless and mild steel but we probably dont need a professional set-up. Our mechanics are pretty good stick welders but as someone on the forum pointed out 'its like shaving with a spoon'.

So anybody got any recommendations for local suppliers and/or brands to look for (or avoid)?

I looked all over for a supplier and found that most only had three phase powered MIG welders. I finally found a single phase Telwin at Tool Pro Plus in Udon Thani. It's an import from Italy. In three years it has had about 20 kilos of wire ran through it and I have had no problems with it. I think I paid about 40,000 baht for it. I can find C02 gas but no exotic mixes for stainless or aluminum.

DESCRIPTION TELMIG 200/2 TURBO 230V

SINGLE-PHASE, FAN-COOLED, WIRE WELDING MACHINE ON WHEELS FOR MIG-MAG WELDING. DESIGNED FOR CONTINUOUS AND SPOT WELDING WITH ELECTRONIC REGULATION OF SPOT WELDING TIME. THANKS TO OPTIONAL KITS THIS MODEL ALLOWS SHEET TEMPERING AND RIVETING. FLEXIBILITY OF USE WITH A WIDE RANGE OF MATERIALS SUCH AS: STEEL, STAINLESS STEEL AND ALUMINIUM. COMPLETE WITH MIG-MAG WELDING ACCESSORIES.