Thai/farang Young/old Relationships

siddv

Yes here we go again!!!!

The age old question..the facts..Shes a 21 year old full time University student graduation in May 08. She just completed her 13 week hotel mamangement training prgm ata top BKK hotel. Her mind is older...She lives in BKK and I support her. Me I'm a 49 year old practicing atty living in the USA in BKK 5-6 times a year 3 weeks each time. I look (really.. thanks dad for the good genes 10 years younger and and in good shape 163lbs 5'10. I have all my thick drk brown hair . She's tall for a Thai and comes in at 44kilos. We have been together for almost 2 years.

We have a blast when I'm there and we travel in and outside Thailand, I spoil her on the holidays, ..Her Engish is about 80% and we plan to apply for a USA student visa for the upcoming year for an ESL for professionals course. I have sowed some rather wild oats in BKK and am really to take it easy and enter a new phase of my life..really. And she has laid down the law..screw around and she's gone!!! I plan to work maybe 7 more years in the USA going and coming as I do and then and bring a $ mill to retire. I'm ready to pop the question and shes waiting...is there anyone here that can talk me down??? Do we have a chance..I'd really like to hear from the experts here..

Thanks

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so when you are 70 she will be 40................lol. you are a good catch!

who do you think you are frank gifford. you from states you should know who he is.

tell her about yr oat sowing adventures and if she ok with it go ahead.

imagine having yr college aged kids cum visiting you in the nursing home...............lol.

you have one thing going for you. lots of doosh.

Edited by blizzard

Love crosse countries - beyonds anything and here comes the big evil mad 'visa' doll pops up just to put a test for you two, see how hard you would work on it and show this is REAL!

Chances there. Make it right. Take this serious as a heartattack. It's gonna be a long distance relationship before you two could move and live together in States or even here by the time you're retired. A loooonnng loooooonng way to go, buddy and tasks loads. Hopefully your is a successful one and not ending up sadly like same old record keeps playing 'I've found out ...what's behind my back she's been doing' God knows this song doesn't end, just wait until someone press 'play'.

All the best!

OK here goes my opinion.

In a "normal" relationship you've already got a more or less than a 50% chance at success.

Add in substantial age difference, cultural differences, physical location difference.

Then the disparity between the emotional and psycological, maturity levels.

I think the deck is stacked just to heavily against a fair shot at success.

Of course there are exceptions.

The host of a local radio talk show here once said.

"If you told me I had more than a 50% chance of being killed if I leave my house today, I'd be stayin" home!"

But

"Fools rush in where wise men never go but wise men never fall in love so how are they to know?"

When we met I felt my life begin, So open up your arms and let this fool rush in" Elvis Presley

My Father Married a woman 22 years younger than him, they seemed to get along ok.

Both English no so cultural or financial differences, they met at work. I think he got a lot out of it as it sort of brightened him up.

I dunno why you are asking people about a relationship that only you know about, if you're happy now, accept that now, you can't do anything about the age gap, so don't dwell on it.

I look .... 163lbs 5'10. I have all my thick drk brown hair.

She's tall for a Thai and comes in at 44kilos.

Small diferences ? Metric system

Do you know how they call "Pounder with cheese ?"

21/49 ? Wait until she hits 23, dump 44kg of used international wannabe and get the fresh one.

Seems like you know where to find, right? Every good hotel full of temps just craving for you, and rooms are inclusive.

21/49 ? Wait until she hits 23, dump 44kg of used international wannabe and get the fresh one.

Seems like you know where to find, right? Every good hotel full of temps just craving for you, and rooms are inclusive.

Give him a break, will ya? He is in love and seeks for the light! Or manybe you could lighten him up :o

Me I'm a 49 year old practicing atty living in the USA in BKK 5-6 times a year 3 weeks each time.

Just read the post properly, usually I don't bother as most are Trolls. :o

You say you're an Attorney, a 49 year old Thai Lawyer that was doing financially well could also be in the same position as you, many better off people have mia noi's, young women that they take care of, a kinda second wife.

So it's not unusual. Now, if you were a street cleaner, it would be different.

Look at this way, if you were a 49 Year Old Movie Star or Rock Star, people would be shocked if you married a 49 Year old women, and totally unphased at you having a 21 year old Girlfriend.

You're dead a long time, just enjoy it while you can. :D

Edited by Maigo6

Where do you get "milk for free" in Thailand? Nothing comes free anymore, we all have to pay in one way or another

That's right there's no such thing called FREE, we pay it one way or another. Learn it easy way or hard way!

Cow runs off one day and what happens? NO MILK!

Can you sponser a cow?

That's "udderly" ridiculous... :o

Why not! Cow has a heart too. Look if he can sponser his girlfriend and why not a cow. It gives you MILK and see it ain't free. You sponser it. Dan has just proved teacup's and my point.

Edited by legag

Can you sponser a cow?

That's "udderly" ridiculous... :o

Why not! Cow has a heart too. Look if he can sponser his girlfriend and why not a cow. It gives you MILK and see it ain't free. You sponser it. Dan has just proved teacip's and my point.

----------------------------

Ok, maybe but you do need to consider if the cow has nice "teets." ...:D

Why do we need to know her qualifications?

To put youself in his shoes and hope it fits. Seeking for security he is.

Yoda signed up for Thaivisa has he?

:o That had me laughing out loud and nearly spitting my coffee on my laptop! Some decent one liners by Pepe as well. Unfortunately, that's probably as much as the OP is going to get out of this thread. Seriously, haven't there been about a thousand of these threads? Nothing said here is going to help the OP make a decision, that is entirely up to him. All it does is provide cheap amusement for the rest of us jackasses! Thanks Sid!

:o That had me laughing out loud and nearly spitting my coffee on my laptop! Some decent one liners by Pepe as well. Unfortunately, that's probably as much as the OP is going to get out of this thread. Seriously, haven't there been about a thousand of these threads? Nothing said here is going to help the OP make a decision, that is entirely up to him. All it does is provide cheap amusement for the rest of us jackasses! Thanks Sid!

Good day to start! not nearly spitting your coffee (worse on you lap.. top) but the laugh that is. You are right. It is not going to help OP but at least it keeps his reality-love-life checked! Wake up and smell the coffee telling OP that :D

Good day to start! not nearly spitting your coffee (worse on you lap.. top) but the laugh that is. You are right. It is not going to help OP but at least it keeps his reality-love-life checked! Wake up and smell the coffee telling OP that :D

---------------------------

I don't want to "blow my own horn", It's always more fun when someone else does it.

Urm, however I thought I addressed the OP's concerns objectively and accurately in my initial reply.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it... :D

Yes here we go again!!!!

The age old question..the facts..Shes a 21 year old full time University student graduation in May 08. She just completed her 13 week hotel mamangement training prgm ata top BKK hotel. Her mind is older...She lives in BKK and I support her. Me I'm a 49 year old practicing atty living in the USA in BKK 5-6 times a year 3 weeks each time. I look (really.. thanks dad for the good genes 10 years younger and and in good shape 163lbs 5'10. I have all my thick drk brown hair . She's tall for a Thai and comes in at 44kilos. We have been together for almost 2 years.

We have a blast when I'm there and we travel in and outside Thailand, I spoil her on the holidays, ..Her Engish is about 80% and we plan to apply for a USA student visa for the upcoming year for an ESL for professionals course. I have sowed some rather wild oats in BKK and am really to take it easy and enter a new phase of my life..really. And she has laid down the law..screw around and she's gone!!! I plan to work maybe 7 more years in the USA going and coming as I do and then and bring a $ mill to retire. I'm ready to pop the question and shes waiting...is there anyone here that can talk me down??? Do we have a chance..I'd really like to hear from the experts here..

Thanks

Yes go for it - life is not a practice run!

You are not my pal are you - is "D" your first inital?

wow! nothing in his post indicates she is same same as mia noi. give the man sum respect. oops, he pay to support her long distance. in a way she is like a mia noi,,,,,,hehehe. does she go to ramkangheang uni?

also nothing indicates that said girl is a player...............lol. everything points to lub.

rock stars dont marry young chicks coz they in lub!

Edited by blizzard