Thai/farang Young/old Relationships

siddv

######. If you guys are in Thailand you must get up early! I thought everybody got up at 10AM.

Anyways I was sitting in a rather boring plaintiffs deposition this morning here in LA and my posted situation has been on my mind for a long time now. Yes I know the deck is stacked against me. I'm an atty for crying out load . My office is littered with emotional wreckage as far as the eye can see. But I have read some rather lame posts here and feel this form is an equal opportunity form for lame posts. So what the hel_l I posted the case. I welcome the opinion from those that frequent this forum... and I have to say I have been rather entertained by some of the responses. I do thank those of you who took some time to actually provide me with some insight /viewpoint as well as those who have sent me private responses. Thanks much. I know the decision is ultimately mine to make. Thanks again.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

girls dont go for that kind of fun.

feed cow cow nice to you. support girl same result as cow!

Sure we do. At least one - ME!

Siddv, not all people in Thailand sleep late and miss the morning glory! It's beautiful.

Edited by legag

Yes here we go again!!!!

The age old question..the facts..Shes a 21 year old full time University student graduation in May 08. She just completed her 13 week hotel mamangement training prgm ata top BKK hotel. Her mind is older...She lives in BKK and I support her. Me I'm a 49 year old practicing atty living in the USA in BKK 5-6 times a year 3 weeks each time. I look (really.. thanks dad for the good genes 10 years younger and and in good shape 163lbs 5'10. I have all my thick drk brown hair . She's tall for a Thai and comes in at 44kilos. We have been together for almost 2 years.

We have a blast when I'm there and we travel in and outside Thailand, I spoil her on the holidays, ..Her Engish is about 80% and we plan to apply for a USA student visa for the upcoming year for an ESL for professionals course. I have sowed some rather wild oats in BKK and am really to take it easy and enter a new phase of my life..really. And she has laid down the law..screw around and she's gone!!! I plan to work maybe 7 more years in the USA going and coming as I do and then and bring a $ mill to retire. I'm ready to pop the question and shes waiting...is there anyone here that can talk me down??? Do we have a chance..I'd really like to hear from the experts here..

Thanks

Well Siddv....how do you know that your 'girlfriend' doesn't have any other men in her life? Perhaps even another foreigner or two also splashing the cash on her.......

Actually, I don't think there is any female univerisity student in Bangkok who has a 49 year-old lover (Thai or foreign) that doesn't have a young boyfriend or at least a 'gig' on the side.

Edited by Stephen Cleary

Actually, I don't think there is any female univerisity student in Bangkok who has a 49 year-old lover (Thai or foreign) that doesn't have a young boyfriend or at least a 'gig' on the side.

The less money he sends, the more truth shall be revealed.

I dunno why you are asking people about a relationship that only you know about, if you're happy now, accept that now, you can't do anything about the age gap, so don't dwell on it.

you absolutely right!! :o

Its only westerners that it bothers - here in Singapore nobody bats an eyelid and same in Thailand except for prudes :D

My ex was 25 years younger than me and when she turned up at work events nobody bothered about age and she would gossip and joke with all the age groups. Some of you women might even see her in presentations for a certain vaccine :D

The age difference is 28 years ... hmmm ... quite a lot. At the age of 21, you want to go out to discos, parties, get drunk, have fun every night you can. I know, I have a daughter of 25. But a wife of 21 or 22 ?

And then I read nowhere in your post that there is love.

What will happen, if her visa to USA is refused? Long distance relationships don't work if they are on an "exclusive" level, at least not if you are 21.

I would say, enjoy her company as long as it lasts, but consider marriage only when you are ready to move to Thailand.

Do we have a chance..I'd really like to hear from the experts here..

don't listen to any advice. there are no experts here, only individuals who judge based on their personal experience. the decision has to be made exclusively by YOU!

The age difference is 28 years ... hmmm ... quite a lot. At the age of 21, you want to go out to discos, parties, get drunk, have fun every night you can. I know, I have a daughter of 25. But a wife of 21 or 22 ?

And then I read nowhere in your post that there is love.

What will happen, if her visa to USA is refused? Long distance relationships don't work if they are on an "exclusive" level, at least not if you are 21.

I would say, enjoy her company as long as it lasts, but consider marriage only when you are ready to move to Thailand.

"At the age of 21, you want to go out to discos, parties, get drunk, have fun every night you can."

Of course fun and the like comes into it but I do not see many of my colleagues and many other girls i know of a similar age throughout Asia doing this or expressing a desire to do so - and they are far rom boring.

I do know some slappers from my home town like that though!

If he has any desicion made he won't be here asking out loud and proud of his story. It's us to share our exprerience with him and so far he gets the point of posting.

dont try too hard, 50up posts within a few days? nice pace, scarabanga!

as for a post - "us to share our experience" - us who ?

get real, super poster, nobody gives a banana about your experience.

A lot of sour grapes & nay sayers replying here. Good luck. If you think you have known her long enough to trust her, but remember ladies heads are turned by money, particularly in Thailand. I would say give it some more time once she is in USA, before contemplating marriage with her.

If he has any desicion made he won't be here asking out loud and proud of his story. It's us to share our exprerience with him and so far he gets the point of posting.

dont try too hard, 50up posts within a few days? nice pace, scarabanga!

as for a post - "us to share our experience" - us who ?

get real, super poster, nobody gives a banana about your experience.

This where ppl post and so what if I have loads to say? What's the problem? And the us is obviously NOT YOU who have what else to say but picking and can't stand people who got something to say out loud. My banana is my banana it ain't yours.

Don't spoil her, don't give her anything.... if this changes her attitude then you know why she's with you.

or Hire a good PI to check her out while you're away... you might be surprised that you're not the only one in love/lust with her, who knows.

Don't spoil her, don't give her anything....

If this was the case, he would never have been with her in the first place !!!!!

Of course older guys spoil young women, that's the way it is. I spoil my GF's 19 year old sister and why not................... :o, if her Sister was 49, would I still spoil her ?

The guy's got a few quid, let him enjoy it.

Edited by Maigo6

Don't spoil her, don't give her anything....

If this was the case, he would never have been with her in the first place!!!!!

Of course older guys spoil young women, that's the way it is.

The guy's got a few quid, let him enjoy it.

Yeah - go to a steak restaurant and make her eat noodles from outside :o

When flying anywhere put her in economy and fly Biz yourself

I could get some other pointers from how some Ang Mo and Chinese treat their maids here if required!

isnt magnum retired?

check out the adult forums for recommendations of good pi's. chances are girl not as good marriage material as you think. ez to play farang from afar.

only way to find out how mut she cares for you is to tell her you ran out of money, irs is after you yadda yadda yadda...lol. if she dont mind spending the next 20 years with poor lawyer then you got something.

A PI might also show that you're not the only one giving her money for nothing

If many Thai women could afford private investigators, they would find that their Farang ' Knight in shining armour ' is in fact married with kids and is bullshitting her big time too.

What's the difference?

OP,

Congratulations.

I hope that you are both Happy.

There are plenty out there that have been burned, as you can tell from the posts.

If you really love her, great.

Let your head(the big one) rule your heart.

If you have a Million to retire on, bring 100K to LOS.

Tell her the rest is gone.

See how this goes down.

good luck

OP,

Congratulations.

If you really love her, great.

Let your head(the big one) rule your heart.

good luck

The OP didn’t say anything in his post about..... “LOVE”

He only said….”I support her……We have been together for almost 2 years…..We have a blast when I'm there and we travel in and outside Thailand……. I spoil her on the holidays…….I'm ready to pop the question and she's waiting...”

Seems to be another thread that is degenerating into yet another ' Thai women are no good ' thread.

Makes me wonder why Farangs seem so obsessed with Asian women when the general concensus online appears to be that they are all bad.

I would invite all Farangs who think that they are so great and find Asian women to be so attractive to come to Tokyo, see how far your beer gut and t-shirt get you.

Will you wonder why 18 Year old Japanese girls are not falling over you?

No ?

So you go to poorer South East Asian Countries to take advantage of the power your monetary position gives you, then you complain that these very people you go to exploit are after your money!!!!!!

It's f*****g unbelievable!!!