Honda Wave 8000k Service

ricklev

I bought a used Wave about a year ago with 1k on the odome. I took it in for the recommended service at the appropriate mileage, but they really didn't seem to do anything but change the oil. That's all they charged me for also. The first time I took it to the Honda shop near the airport and the second time to the one on Huay Kaew. They did stamp the maintenance book.

Anyplace you know of that will do the real deal. Each item as Honda recommends. I would be happy to pay for it although I have no idea what maintenance Honda requires.

The mechanic at the Honda shop close to Central Airport tried to get me to pay him 50 baht for two missing screws. Cash. Not on the invoice. I didn't argue, but I wonder if he even bothered to really change the oil.

Sooner or later you should have the valve clearances checked and adjusted as needed. There's no oil filter, thus you change oil frequently. Parts such as chains, sprockets, tires, light bulbs, brake pads, battery, etc., are replaced when they die. I can't recall changing the spark plug on my 150 yet, and it's got 47K (but maybe we put in a new NGK plug once). No points in the ignition; no rear axle crankcase lube to replace, etc. Maybe that's all there is.