Best Burgers In Bangkok

Spaniel

I agree Bully's make a great burger. Which is suprising as the owner is from New Zealand. But I will try the landmark next week for a burger. I heard they have the best Steaks in BKK, but thats another story.........

Edited by waza

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just arrived in the US on a business trip. My partner and his son are with me. I took them today to Fudruckers for lunch. The son, an 18-year old, was totally amazed at the taste. In all of BKK, he had never tasted a decent burger, and so has never really liked them. Now, they are at the top of his list of great things to eat.

Boy, wish we had a Fudruckers in BKK!

Been to Garage once, had the burger, it was dry and tasteless. I left half of it paid my bill and promised i would never return. Its expensive and <deleted>.

Went to Burger king instead, the burger was far superior in flavour, and i normally rate BK as "normal" - so that would put Garage at "below par" in my book. Maybe i just went on a 'bad day' - but from what ive read above a 'bad day' is a 'normal day' according to our fellow members. So if you think Garage is the 'best' in bangkok, i'd suggest trying a few other places :o

There is a new japanse buger place just down för the stairs for bts siam (left side). I tried it last week, All I can say it was diffrent:). The bread was white and sticky. Very clean place. Have you people treid it out?

THE WORST FOR A NAME BRAND has to be dairy queens. worst beurger ever. warren buffet must not have tried it, he would never have approved it. the burger lady at entrance to nana plaza puts dq burger to shame. but her hours are horrible, she starts at 9ish, and many time at that time just preparing to open.

Gonna go to the Landmark now and order one. If it's as good as their Rueben, then it will be good. The only downside is that while I don't mind pay 200-300 baht for a good buger, etc, I do mind ordering a coke from there at 100 baht + 10% service + 7% VAT.

A bit over the top but must say any of the food I have ordered from the Landmark / Huntsman etc have always been up to par.

Tired a hamburger at the new location of Big Mango this past weekend and it does not measure up to the old place. The burger was on the mushy side I thought and also contained to much black pepper. Figure they are using to much bread or flour trying to hold beef together or they want to stretch the beef further so can keep the price down. In either case its a no no in my book. I for one don't mind paying a bit extra for a good beef burger.

Use to love their burgers so hope things improve soon.

Ok very full now from my burger at the Landmark Cafe (outside).

Positives: Like all food I have eaten here, did not disappoint. Burger was juicy, cooked medium, topped with cheese, bacon and kai dao - even though I didn't ask for it. Good flavour, ate it without any sauces. Came with fries and a garnish of coleslaw. Overall rated 8/10 for flavor, quality and presentation.

Negatives: None as far as the food taste, quality go but only that my burger and diet coke came to a total of 476 baht including all the service charges, taxes etc. 295 +++ for the burger, 100+++ for the soft drink.

Now I know it's not fair to compare BK which is down the street with what I just ate, but for more than 2x the cost of a whopper with cheese meal, I feel it's a bit over the top.

The Landmark paints itself to be a 5 star hotel, but let's face it, but sitting next to Sukhumvit road with all the traffic and sorted pedestrians strolling, is not really like sitting at the Oriental or Sukhothai is it.

Anyway you paint is, 14 USD for a burger, fries and coke is a bit much IMO.

Recommendation, while the burger at Soi 8 Bar is not to the same standard (but still quite ok), two can dine here for the price of one at the Landmark.

You're missing out. Try Gulliver's in Soi 5.

Will give a try, but not today, still very full.

You have not tried our Burger yet :-) 200G of pure Beef nicely seasoned comes with real cheese french fries and cole slaw for B 140.00 at the Bistro in Soi 23 Ekamai

last comment here by someone who had it - "best burger he's ever had in BKK "

John

You're missing out. Try Gulliver's in Soi 5.

Will give a try, but not today, still very full.

You have not tried our Burger yet :-) 200G of pure Beef nicely seasoned comes with real cheese french fries and cole slaw for B 140.00 at the Bistro in Soi 23 Ekamai

John

Sorry John, as I was filling my face on your (my) perogies last weekend, I didn't even bother to look at your menu. May redeem myself this Saturday.

Cheers

James

John

I'd call this post above a case of shameless self-promotion....

But..since it's in support of helping all of us burger-starved Bankokians (sp????) find a decent meal... all is forgiven!!!! :o

I'm back from my trip to the U.S., and full from Tommy's Burgers there... But.. I'll be heading your way soon for any number of the great sounding things that are on offer...

No problem at all James, the initial reason you came were the Perogies and I'am very pleased that you enjoyed them.

Jf please understand that as a Chef, supplying the 5 star Hotels I miss the one thing that makes being a Chef fun, direct feedback. Seeing customers really enjoying what I have created. For years the only indicator for me was increasing orders and more customers through the Chef's grapeveine. The Bistro is a kind of Hobby for me where I can get such feedback which I enjoy very much even if I'm only there on Saturdays.

People her calling a BK burger great does admittedly make me cringe :o so I had to add my 10 cents.. tomorrow I may add a picture as well,

John

I'm back from my trip to the U.S., and full from Tommy's Burgers there... But.. I'll be heading your way soon for any number of the great sounding things that are on offer...

And you didn't ask us if we wanted any? Not fair!!! Wouldn't call them the best burgers but they are the most awesome greasebombs! Definitely amongst my favorites...

John - any chance of an unseasoned burger, and do you charcoal or gas grill?

And you didn't ask us if we wanted any? Not fair!!! Wouldn't call them the best burgers but they are the most awesome greasebombs! Definitely amongst my favorites...

Eat your heart out Baby!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha

I'm partial to the doubles... with a side order (basket) of chili fries...and extra chilis on the side... Have a few of those...and... it's enough to stick with you for a year in Thailand!!! Hehehehehehehe

What I like best about them... is the homemade "chili", the thick slice of firm meaty tomato, and the full slices of fresh onion and pickles... Put all that together with a couple of pretty good, freshly cooked beef patties... and it's a man's meal!!!!

But alas...it's a family run-owned company... no franchises... So..no chance of them ever hitting Thailand... :-(

I'm partial to the doubles... with a side order (basket) of chili fries...and extra chilis on the side... Have a few of those...and... it's enough to stick with you for a year in Thailand!!! Hehehehehehehe

Except for the chillies on the side... I fully agree :o

What I like best about them... is the homemade "chili", the thick slice of firm meaty tomato, and the full slices of fresh onion and pickles... Put all that together with a couple of pretty good, freshly cooked beef patties... and it's a man's meal!!!!

The beef is probably worse than McDonalds, but they are fresh... can barely taste the beef with all the chili and onions though! Doing a Tommy's run at 3 AM and seeing all the limos in the parking lot is a trip though!

But alas...it's a family run-owned company... no franchises... So..no chance of them ever hitting Thailand... :-(

Don't need a franchise. Just get the chili recipe - then you can open up JF's Burgers :D

John - any chance of an unseasoned burger, and do you charcoal or gas grill?

Hi,

as far as I'm concerned there is only one right way and that is real Charcoal - nothing else will give the right flavor - so our Burgers are Charcoal grilled - as far as seasoning is concerned I only really use fresh coursly ground black pepper and salt - the flavor is generated by the charcoal grilling with added woodchips and of course we use real imported cheese - no not from Australia but from Switzerland or Holland - which of course also adds flavor,

John

p.s. within the next few weeks I'm planning a "Steak Tartar" feast and am wondering if there would be any interest - I use Fillet and will prepare it fresh in the morning for lunch - will have to be by pre-order (not cheap)

There is a new japanse buger place just down för the stairs for bts siam (left side). I tried it last week, All I can say it was diffrent:). The bread was white and sticky. Very clean place. Have you people treid it out?

Do you have any idea what's the name of this place.

Do you have any idea what's the name of this place.

It's called "R Burger", I have not eaten there yet but have seen some reviews by Thais. It seems more like a Mos Burgers knock-off.

It seems like the challenge here is the ground beef. I guess most would have been processed off-shore and frozen. If off-shore and not frozen then it would be prohibitively expensive. That leaves local ground beef which seems limited and tasteless, fresh or frozen. I have had good experiences with frozen ground beef hamburgers,in the U.S. so I do not automatically discount those. Also many people insist on a higher fat content (~20%) in ground beef for tasty burgers but I always preferred ground sirloin (~7% fat) for home-style burgers in the U.S.

I want to try Bully's, Chokchai and that Grill 'n' Gravy place, but am more or less resigned to getting my burger fix on my frequent trips back to the States.

Tired a hamburger at the new location of Big Mango this past weekend and it does not measure up to the old place. The burger was on the mushy side I thought and also contained to much black pepper. Figure they are using to much bread or flour trying to hold beef together or they want to stretch the beef further so can keep the price down. In either case its a no no in my book. I for one don't mind paying a bit extra for a good beef burger.

Use to love their burgers so hope things improve soon.

Useing "flour" or "bread" mixed with beef would ruin it as burger, but might be OK for a meatloaf sandwich. :o

I have read through most of the Best Burger threads and can't believe that Doug's place on Soi Rangnam has never been mentioned.

Trink used to report regularly on the place, normally during one of the American annual festival periods. A small Issan restuarent owned by Doug and Yim,( Many moons ago Yim ran the English place on Soi 4) it was a place of boisterous conversation and excellent food..including burgers that were by far the best in town...

I had heard that it is now closed...If anybody knows where they have moved to..you will surely find a good burger waiting for you.......let me know!!