Buying Computer Components Online

procyon

Since I don't live in Bangkok and do live in a tourist town where these things are considerably more expensive I've been looking into buying computer parts online (specifically the graphics card I started another thread on).

This site has pretty good prices IMO : thanni.com

Question is has anyone bought anything from them and are they reliable? I've never purchased anything online in Thailand before so am naturally a little cautious.

I've seen the list posted above and this site looks about the best to me (unless I've overlooked one).

Since I don't live in Bangkok and do live in a tourist town where these things are considerably more expensive I've been looking into buying computer parts online (specifically the graphics card I started another thread on).

This site has pretty good prices IMO : thanni.com

Question is has anyone bought anything from them and are they reliable? I've never purchased anything online in Thailand before so am naturally a little cautious.

I've seen the list posted above and this site looks about the best to me (unless I've overlooked one).

I have had VERY good service from Thanni. I paid via my ATM to their bank account and had the product within three days. I always choose the EMS shipping option. EMS is cheap and quite fast.

Prices of Thanni.com are on par with those in Pantip(Bought a new rig in Pantip last week). Sometimes a little higher, sometimes a little lower.

Should consider the shipping costs to make sure a trip to bangkok is not desirable. The largest disadvantage of online is when something is broken or DOA.

My motherboard (a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R) failed when I got home. A quick visit to Pantip and the motherboard was replaced ... try to do that online.

Plus if you're not a star in building you're own system, it might take you hours if succesful at all ... Pantip shops put them together in an hour.

Edited by sniffdog