Quantas Or British Airways Business Class To Sydney

ProThaiExpat

I was afraid of that, code sharing that is. The last time of booked Quantas, I ended up being put on a BA flight going to Sydney and a Quantas returning.

Is there anyway one can determine which Airline is flying with code sharing? My guess is not. So I guess if this is true, just pick the most convenient time and book on that Airline, and take your chances which one shows up?

I think I answered my own question regarding code sharing.

According to Expedia, Quantas Flight 1 has no two way arrows next to the flight number and is only a single digit flight number.

When you look at the other Quantas flight within a half hour of Flight 1, you see a multiple digit flight number and a two way arrow icon and when you click on it, it shows that the flight is operated by British Airways.

Doing the same thing on the British Airways flight schedule, Expedia shows the British Airways flight with a single digit and no two way arrow but when they show a multiple digit British Airways flight number within a half hour of the other flight, it has a two way arrow icon next to it. Clicking on that icon, you are told that flight is operated by Quantas. See below:

Bangkok, Thailand (BKK) to Sydney, N.S.W., Australia (SYD)

5:05 PM Depart Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi)

Arrive Sydney (Kingsford Smith) 6:10 AM +1 day

Fri 14-Mar

Duration: 9hr 5mn

Qantas Airways 302

5:25 pm Depart Bangkok (BKK)

Arrive Sydney (SYD) 6:25 am +1 day

Fri 14-Mar

Duration: 9hr 0mn

Qantas Airways 2

5:25 pm Depart Bangkok (BKK)

Arrive Sydney (SYD) 6:25 am +1 day Fri 14-Mar

Duration: 9hr 0mn

British Airways 7312

5:05 pm Depart Bangkok (BKK)

Arrive Sydney (SYD) 6:10 am +1 day Fri 14-Mar

Duration: 9hr 5mn

British Airways 9

Sorry, the two way arrows didn't copy.

Edited by ProThaiExpat

I was afraid of that, code sharing that is. The last time of booked Quantas, I ended up being put on a BA flight going to Sydney and a Quantas returning.

Is there anyway one can determine which Airline is flying with code sharing? My guess is not. So I guess if this is true, just pick the most convenient time and book on that Airline, and take your chances which one shows up?

They should tell you on their website when you look up the flight schedule. If not, look at the flight on Travelocity and it will tell you if it's a code share flight flown by another airline than the one you're booking on.

http://www.travelocity.com/

I am partly responsible for going adrift to code sharing when the OP is looking for ideas as to whether Quantas or British Airways gives the best service and accomodations?

From BKK to SYD there won't be much difference in biz class and arrivals into SYD are almost simultaneous.

QF1(SYD-BKK-LHR) & QF2 (LHR-BKK-SYD) are only Qantas operated flights coming into BKK. Qantas has moved their Asian hub to Singapore.

If your ticket is QF302, that's operated by BA.

When coming from Sydney, BA would be my choice as they leave SYD 2 hours earlier than QF and arrive BKK 9:30PM (QF at 11:30pm).

• 2 weeks later...

On my last trip back from London to BKK I flew with BA first class, (my 5,000 pound ticket was paid for with 120,000 air miles!). Very nice, full bed with hostess under the blankets :o - as you would expect with a ticket costing that much....

Simon

QF1 & QF2 are Qantas ship are crew, codeshare with BA as BA7311 and BA7312

BA9 & BA10 are BA ship and crew, codeshare with Qantas as QF301 and QF302

Not sure if Qantas have fully flat beds in business class, but they do in First... the thing that I liked about BA was that the window seat could leave through the gap beside the window rather than climbing over the person in the seat beside... that is goo dfor me, because I don't sleep much at night and fillin my time sucking down beer, and consequently going the hawng nam all night...

Cheers,

Daewoo

simon43: Am doing likewise to Sydney, can you tell me if there are any seats that are better located for sleeping than others. I sleep on my right side so thought a window seat on the right or port side would have me facing the bulkhead if sleeping on my side. Also, are there toilets at the front of the first class cabin to stay away from or or the seats closest to the front away from toilets and service areas?

BA or Qantas - kind of like picking between a rock and a hard place!

Their aircrafts maybe fine and particularly with BA offering a flat seat - however the staff on either flight will most likely be as miserable as sin and make you feel like you are causing problems by asking for a drink.

I once flew a short haul flight with BA and there was just me and two others in Business Class even then the staff did more standing around talking than actually providing any kind of service or assistance to any of us!

BA would get the nod purely for the flat seat - but by choice I wouldn't fly with either! :o

Edited by technocracy

but by choice I wouldn't fly with either! :o

Same here, I'm flying Singapore Airlines Business Class on Sunday.

Singapore Airlines would be hard to beat, service and attitude is excellent, great food, great Cabin Crew. Like ProThaiExpat, I'm using Air Miles to upgrade. 30,000 miles each way Bkk - Tokyo - Bkk.