Downpayment+building Stopped+win Courtcase & I Lose

Some ten years ago I bought a condo at Pratunam

I had a letter signed by the person in charge (wealthy) that I would get the condo by a certain date or else would get a refund of my downpayment

In 1997 they stopped the construction: I sued the company and the guy. They came up with some papers and my lawyer told me to drop the case against the guy in charge. I won the case against the company

This company was gone but the very funny thing is that this company used to share its offices and its board director with a very high profile construction company (they still build everywhere in Bangkok high end condominiums)

The condo I had started buying is still left as it was 10 years ago and there is a sale advertisement of the "land"

When I enquired about the identity of the seller I am left with a big "?"

Do you think that I might be able to get some money back if I can establish that the main company is selling the land? or any other advice

It is not such the amount of money I have put in but a matter of principles Thanks

Send a lawyer to land office and check who's name is on the title deed. Most likely a company name, check the company name to see who the directors are.

Unfortuantley this is the risk you take when you buy off plan.

Good Luck.

Send a lawyer to land office and check who's name is on the title deed. Most likely a company name, check the company name to see who the directors are.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your sound advice; Alyx

Good Luck.

Yes Good Luck indeed..

What are you going to do about it? Do you seriously think a Thai court is going to side with you? At best you'll spend MORE money and lose, at worst - if you piss off the hi-so owners enough - and you live in Thailand - you'll get a cement kiss on your soi one night on the way home!

Do you think Thai people get rich here by being honest business people? Look around you. How did these people get rich in the first place? I know hi-so families here, and behind the public nam jai, some of them are downright evil schemers - even within their own families. Be very careful, mate - VERY careful.

Good Luck.

Yes Good Luck indeed..

What are you going to do about it? Do you seriously think a Thai court is going to side with you? At best you'll spend MORE money and lose, at worst - if you piss off the hi-so owners enough - and you live in Thailand - you'll get a cement kiss on your soi one night on the way home!

Do you think Thai people get rich here by being honest business people? Look around you. How did these people get rich in the first place? I know hi-so families here, and behind the public nam jai, some of them are downright evil schemers - even within their own families. Be very careful, mate - VERY careful.

Well thanks:I know what you are talking but with such a position it is a lose-lose one situation and about 11 years ago I was

Good Luck.

Yes Good Luck indeed..

Well thanks:I know what you are talking but with such a position it is a lose-lose situation and about 11 years ago I was an active partner in a business with nasty people (night club). When I took care of it it blossomed and money started to pour in and...well I could not see any of the profits (the money earned was used to pay personnal debts of the main partner/owner...)

I was told that I was not needed being a bit too nosy (as they thought they could do it themselves which they did not) I then asked the money I invested: well everybody warned me to drop it, to be careful at night and at day as well ( trust me I had seen what they were capable of doing) but more I was threatened more I was showing my face; It took me six months (settlement outside court) but I got my money back (not the interest mind and it cost me 20 per cent for lawyer's fee)

Regarding the condo's court case I won against them once so of course it is risky but if they had wanted to do something they would have acted earlier on

Business is business and trust me Thai laws are quite strictly applied (whatever people think when it comes to non Nationals) but then again more than anything I want to make sure that doesn t happen ( I was the only one to have this kind of contract meaning that 99.9% have been conned but if only everyone were doing the same that would not happen ....

It doesn t mean that I will not take your advice in account

Thanks

Alyx

yes well good luck, I guess - provided you're not the guy from the boyz, boyz thing..(then if so F+ck You, cause as far as I've seen, you're about the farang equiv of the chinese-thai-police-military-mafia anyway - or at least their benefactors)

Assuming you're NOT one of those guys, then I'd simply say you know already the world in to which you are exposed and would assume you built in the judas factor anyway into your self-insurance. I have no idea of any advice to give you..you tread in dangerous areas that are places most of us fear to tread.

yes well good luck, I guess - provided you're not the guy from the boyz, boyz thing..(then if so F+ck You, cause as far as I've seen, you're about the farang equiv of the chinese-thai-police-military-mafia anyway - or at least their benefactors)

Assuming you're NOT one of those guys, then I'd simply say you know already the world in to which you are exposed and would assume you built in the judas factor anyway into your self-insurance. I have no idea of any advice to give you..you tread in dangerous areas that are places most of us fear to tread.

Dear Thaigene I must say that I am a bit confused but as I am not the one you are thinking about I will not take it personally (you must have some grudge....) Would you be kind enough to tell me what is the Boyz Boyz thing?

Haven't you ever met people who don t want to back down when they feel they are right and a&bide by the laws (I thought I had myself quite clear regarding my position on Thai Law which is as good as anywhere else and much better than in some neighbouring countries)

You seem to have experienced first some problems with these people but I am sure that the situation is not as drastic nor entangled as you seem to think

Hoping some answer from you

Alyx

Dear Thaigene I must say that I am a bit confused but as I am not the one you are thinking about I will not take it personally (you must have some grudge....) Would you be kind enough to tell me what is the Boyz Boyz thing?

Haven't you ever met people who don t want to back down when they feel they are right and a&bide by the laws (I thought I had myself quite clear regarding my position on Thai Law which is as good as anywhere else and much better than in some neighbouring countries)

You seem to have experienced first some problems with these people but I am sure that the situation is not as drastic nor entangled as you seem to think

Hoping some answer from you

Alyx

you will probably find the bank owns it, as with most of the buildings that were hit in that era

Well doubtful as it is The biggest contractor in Bangkok and when I tried to enquire they decline to give me any precision (just give the price you want to put down to buy the land- well they are not selling the building...I wonder why- and we ll get back to the best offer was the answer I ve got)

But I ll keep you posted as I am going to ask someone to check at the land department