View Talay 6... + View Talay 6b ?

Pattaya46

Hi. I was today discussing with friends about new condos in Pattaya when one of them inform us that there is a rumour about a second building in the VT6 project. It would be "VT6B", same model building as "VT6" and placed just about 60 meters south of "VT6". Work should start begin of 2008, after VT6 full delivery.

I have a look this afternoon and there is indeed a big piece of land, free, just south of the VT6 land.

It would be a very bad new for those who bought on the south side (Jomtien side) of VT6. They would lost (most of) their view on the Pattaya bay.

Does anyone has information about this VT6B ?

Does anyone know where we can have news about that ? A registration office somewhere ?

Thank's

Pattaya46

Hi. I was today discussing with friends about new condos in Pattaya when one of them inform us that there is a rumour about a second building in the VT6 project. It would be "VT6B", same model building as "VT6" and placed just about 60 meters south of "VT6". Work should start begin of 2008, after VT6 full delivery.

I have a look this afternoon and there is indeed a big piece of land, free, just south of the VT6 land.

It would be a very bad new for those who bought on the south side (Jomtien side) of VT6. They would lost (most of) their view on the Pattaya bay.

Does anyone has information about this VT6B ?

Does anyone know where we can have news about that ? A registration office somewhere ?

Thank's

Pattaya46

Instead of "View Talay", the company should be called "Block View Talay".

No doubt. Huge plot of land south side toward Siam BayView. Too bad .... that land next door is the prettiest piece left in Pattaya.

Also... do you think that the bldg will have ocean front? I'd not bet on it. I saw a pic in one of the Pattaya rags with some sort of building in front of the condo. Guarantee after much of the front units are sold they will tear down the sales office and build beer-bars / hotel / shophouse. Mark my words.

Pattaya Thai's hate trees - I am convinced.

They have cleared land already on the 'backside' for a road of sorts but no building YET on the land South.

Edited by h5n1

I really do not think it would be possible to build there, is there enough space?
Hi,

I had a look again this morning :

- The VT6 building itself is about 25 meters wide

- There are about 12 meters between the VT6 building and the south edge of the VT6 plot

- The plot between the VT6 one and the Siam Bay View Hotel one is a about 50-55 meters wide, ie a little wider than the actual VT6 plot !

So yes I think it would be "technically" no problem to build a VT6B there... :D

Now what I try to know is if View Tallay (or an other promoter) already get a building permit for this plot ? :o

Pattaya46

I really do not think it would be possible to build there, is there enough space?
Hi,

I had a look again this morning :

- The VT6 building itself is about 25 meters wide

- There are about 12 meters between the VT6 building and the south edge of the VT6 plot

- The plot between the VT6 one and the Siam Bay View Hotel one is a about 50-55 meters wide, ie a little wider than the actual VT6 plot !

So yes I think it would be "technically" no problem to build a VT6B there... :D

Now what I try to know is if View Tallay (or an other promoter) already get a building permit for this plot ? :o Pattaya46

Ask City Hall.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

GoogleMaps updated Pattaya aera too :D

We can now see VT6 has it was about 6 month ago.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=&ie=UTF8...002789&z=18

They are now building a new huge shopping mall on the upper plot (North).

Don't you think there is enough place for another huge thing on the lower plot ? :o

PS: Here is the "Y" mark of VT7 in Jomtien:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=&ie=UTF8...009098&z=17

• 5 months later...

Hi,

GoogleMaps updated Pattaya aera too :D

We can now see VT6 has it was about 6 month ago.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=&ie=UTF8...002789&z=18

They are now building a new huge shopping mall on the upper plot (North).

Don't you think there is enough place for another huge thing on the lower plot ? :o

PS: Here is the "Y" mark of VT7 in Jomtien:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=&ie=UTF8...009098&z=17

I feel bad for the people that purchased north-facing units in VT6. Their views had been threatened by the large "Central Festival Pattaya Beach" shopping centre that is under construction there, as the building has been rising higher and higher. Height has curently reached half the height of VT6.

Then today there was an announcement that the shopping centre is to include a hotel managed by Hilton. The hotel is to be a 15-storey tower perched on top of the shopping centre, with a restaurant on top of that. And the hotel is going to be mounted at the front (beach-side) of the shopping centre which will make it closer to the beach that VT6. So there will be no chance of a view for anyone on any floor on the north side of VT6. Lower floors will look into the shopping centre car park, and higher floors will look into the hotel

Seems to me to be no advantage at all, and perhaps foolhardy to purchase condos pre-construction in Pattaya. The risks far outweigh the cost savings. Better to wait for the project to be completed, then wait a little longer to see what is build in front and around it. And if everyone stopped buying pre-construction a lot of the speculation would stop and prices would be lower.

Edited by khunyae

Regarding the new Central shopping center and hotel complex, I have read that there will in fact be TWO towers when it is all done. Maybe Central will also be doing their own condo too. So there is likely to be additional obstruction of views (not to mention twice the construction noise and general clutter that goes with any construction project.