Welcome To Our Newest Sponsor

ASEAN NOW Sales

Do they accept kids as well?

Most dog trainers will say that dogs are easier to train than kids. Not sure if it is because dogs are smarter, more focused, or reward oriented.

Back to the OP I saw the new banner and realised we had a new sponsor of the forum - excellent news and a hearty welcome Sponsor Dude. If we get any new sponsors I may need a wider screen on the laptop to cope or perhaps the admin team will just cull out some of the older and more troublesome ones :o

CB

Thanks for the welcome :o

Many parents have asked me already if they could board their kids. But when looking at those littles confused faces ... after all, you never know if mom and dad really means that they need to spend the night in a kennel... I felt sorry for them.

Have trained dogs and kids together, though, and have had kids from schools come over as a practical term or orientation day.

Nienke

A big welcome to Lucky Dogs (and cats)!

Nienke is a TV regular, a great lady, and I would trust her with any of my beloved pets.

Even CrowBoy. :o

McG

Welcome Lucky Dogs-perhaps we could have a TV doggie day. I could pick up some soi dog to bring along to the "Dog Day Afternoon" :D

I see that McG and Crowie are in the "M" group now, with comments like the above, whos gonna moderate them? Congratulations are in order, I think :D:D

Do they accept kids as well?

Most dog trainers will say that dogs are easier to train than kids. Not sure if it is because dogs are smarter, more focused, or reward oriented.

Back to the OP I saw the new banner and realised we had a new sponsor of the forum - excellent news and a hearty welcome Sponsor Dude. If we get any new sponsors I may need a wider screen on the laptop to cope or perhaps the admin team will just cull out some of the older and more troublesome ones :o

CB

You don't get locked up for giving a misbehaving dog a whack with a newspaper.

Welcome LuckyDogs, open a Chiang Rai branch and I might be able to get my Mrs to go down to Samui for a few days if the pooch is in safe hands.

Welcome Lucky Dogs-perhaps we could have a TV doggie day. I could pick up some soi dog to bring along to the "Dog Day Afternoon" :o

Organising a Dog Day is certainly a good idea.

In the past we (my ex and I) have given several demonstrations (obedience, agility and protection work) and have been to dogshows, he as judge and me as his assistent. So, I've been there, done that and didn't enjoy the scene around it.

However, I might one day organize (or join) a Dog Day together with the dog rescue organizations, in order to help them. That's something I do like. Once that happens I will certainly keep you in mind for helping us out that day. :D

Nienke

McSpicy spends more time with him that I do.

Probably wants to teach him a couple of new "tricks" as well! :bah:

the secret photo has been leaked here.......... :D

:o:D

Missing the whip and the pitbul, though :D

Here I am being trashed in public, my reputation being sullied with baseless inuendo about ladyboys and now whips and a pitbull and not a forum mod in sight to pull this thead back onto topic which is "welcome to our newest sponsor"

where's that "report post" button

:D

CB

Missing the whip and the pitbul, though :D

Here I am being trashed in public, my reputation being sullied with baseless inuendo about ladyboys and now whips and a pitbull and not a forum mod in sight to pull this thead back onto topic which is "welcome to our newest sponsor"

CB

I quite agree,so, shall we start a new thread about "trashing" Crowboy then? :bah:

Missing the whip and the pitbul, though :bah:

CB

I quite agree,so, shall we start a new thread about "trashing" Crowboy then? :o

As long as it remains on topic and doesn't start irrelevant posts about hamburgers and pizza :D

CB

Many congratulations. We seem to be getting some real class amongst our sponsors now!

Thanks for the compliment :D Also thanks to Taiwais for your welcome and your spontaneous reaction about the boarding of your dog, as for me it's a compliment when people trust their animals under my care. After all, we are talking family members here, who are of extreme importance to their owners.

I don't see myself as more or less class than the other sponsors or anybody else, though, just always try to become better in my own field, and that's the mental and phsyical health of small pet animals with dogs as my specialty. A never-ending study.

So I had a while ago a dog that reacted very badly on the yearly booster vaccine. His SGPT (liver enzymes) went up from normal range <89 to 1100! Once I noticed the regular treatment didn't really work, so I needed to take another route in order to safe this dog, who meant and means a lot to his owner. I went on the net for help. Got it and now the SGPT is back to normal. The fight isn't over yet, as the vaccine did also damage to the spleen. I'm awaiting homepathic med's to arrive soon. Have good hopes the dog will become ok again.

Now I have a dog in, skin-and-bones and completely yellow. A few days ago his white blood cells were 157,000, while normal range is between 4,000 and 10,000. The vet's first reaction was to check with the lab if the results were correct, as a normal dog would be dead by now. Again, the regular treatment doesn't really do the job and I asked help from abroad. He's is both on regular med's and a homeopathic remedy. Since I started to give the homeopathic remedy (still got the regular med's as well) appetite and behavior improved, so I have good hopes the dog will be able to pull through. Keep my fingers crossed.

Several times I've had dogs in that were very scared initally. It's very important to know how to handle these dogs, AND to inform the owners. Dogs that are very anxious are under continuous stress, making them more vulnarable to disease. Therefore, it's important to make them at ease as quick as possible. Doesn't always work; just recently I had to tell an owner that. This dog was so stressed that at night I needed to have him sleep in my bedroom AND he had an impaired heart funcion.

Anyway, as said before, don't think I have more or less class than any other. I'm just a person who is passionate about what she's is doing and very lucky that I can fulfil my passion.

Forget about the Monday quiz at Tuskers, as I do recognize pictures, but just can't remember names, places etc. :o I definitely, would like to visit Chiang Dao Nest once and talk to Gecko, as the books I need they don't have. Maybe, they (UG can help me out. :D

Nienke :D

Luckydogs

• 4 weeks later...

Yes.... welcome.

But you know what ??? Is it just me or, in the flash window with the pix of all the happy dogs... there's the one with two dogs frolicking in the water..... out of the corner of my eye, with the two dogs right on top of the other like that, this picture makes it look like the one dog is giving the other an especially good frolicking, if you know what I mean. If that were the case, it would be quite a kennel indeed.