Problems With True?

Onyxia

Yes i know this subject is brought up monthly, i was just wondering if anyone has noticed a decrease in speed. More so than usual. True for me has always been alright, not great but at least usable. The last week i have been getting disconnects and the speed has slowed to a crawl. All times of the day. Nothing has changed on my end. Calling true is a joke, lol they are worthless. Just wanted to know if any other true users have noticed changes. Thanks

Everything seems normal where I live (East Bangkok). I have a 512/256 connection. No disconnection problem

Local download speed test ~ 850-900 Kb/s

International download speed test (USA) ~ 500 Kb/s

Upload speed ~ 300 Kb/s

Torrents downloaded at about 900 Kb/s

Yes i know this subject is brought up monthly, i was just wondering if anyone has noticed a decrease in speed. More so than usual. True for me has always been alright, not great but at least usable. The last week i have been getting disconnects and the speed has slowed to a crawl. All times of the day. Nothing has changed on my end. Calling true is a joke, lol they are worthless. Just wanted to know if any other true users have noticed changes. Thanks

Yeah, True's definitely slower the last few weeks.

Websites load lots slower, games lag, etc. Sometimes restarting my modem/router works, other times it makes no difference. No idea what's going on on their end.

edit: Speed tests show my U/D speed as around 'normal', but through the course of the day, you can actually feel the stutters, when it lags or d/c's. This is especially when playing games, and you get disconnected halfway.

Edited by Dissolution

Something is definitely up with True. I'm in Bangkok using their 1024/512 Unlimited plan, and frequently use Skype and other VOIP apps, and have noticed a dramatic drop is call quality starting around Thursday/Friday. This is the worst that it's been in the 1.5 years that I've had it -- calls are so choppy I'm unable to carry on a conversation. Anyone else noticed this?

TOT was reporting that last week's earthquakes caused some damage to some cables, so it's entirely possible the same thing has happened to True.

I have True in the office, and it is slower than normal, but still works. I have CS Loxinfo at home, and it is also slower than normal, but still works - and strangely enough, if I latch on to someone else's True wifi nearby - it's faster than my CSLoxinfo.

Give it a little more time. Fortunately it's not like the last time when the net practically went dead for a month.