Have You Burnt Your Bridges..

garro

we moved back to UK 3+ years ago specifically to get on the preoprty ladder & to get my husbnad Uk citizenship. Both have now been achieved & although it is true that we work mainly to pay bills, I personally feel it was a sacrifice worth making for ours & our sons future.

We aim to be back in LOS in the next 2 years & like Samran, my husband wants (as do I) to get my thai citizenship so that me , hubby & our son are all dual nationals & me & fella can equally own land in both countries.

Sorry if a little of subject - but how does one mange to achieve thai citizenship?

we moved back to UK 3+ years ago specifically to get on the preoprty ladder & to get my husbnad Uk citizenship. Both have now been achieved & although it is true that we work mainly to pay bills, I personally feel it was a sacrifice worth making for ours & our sons future.

We aim to be back in LOS in the next 2 years & like Samran, my husband wants (as do I) to get my thai citizenship so that me , hubby & our son are all dual nationals & me & fella can equally own land in both countries.

I for one will support Thailand's application for membership of the European Union so I can sue the government and force them to give me Thai citizenship so that I too can buy land here just as my wife or Toxin can do in the UK.

Sorry if a little of subject - but how does one mange to achieve thai citizenship?

Please go to the Thai Visas section

This thread here and this thread here should answer all your questions. If not, please continue the discussion in that forum, Thanks

I can return though I wouldn't want to close my business here. I have kept my professional license active and am currently in good standing. I guess I am somewhat lucky compared to many others. My profession is in high demand back home. I get several unsolicited employment offerings a week. Should we have to move back home I could be employed within a week and would receive a nice sign on bonus from my employer.

Edited by ChiangMaiAmerican

As for lessons learnt or learned, bridges burnt or burned, I'm not sure. Probably the three years in Mexico burned some. I never got the professional license after I retired. I found or fount that being a retired IRS auditor didn't open doors at accountants' offices; I could barely find work as a hotel night auditor. Actually, teaching English in Thailand wasn't that much of a step down, salary wise (especially considering the immediate savings in living expenses)!

My sister's husband almost died of congestive heart failure last week. I performed their wedding ceremony 20 years ago, and still have a duty to attend their funerals. I could do that if I lived in NE Mexico, but not really from Thailand. Maybe it's time to get 'closer to home,' although it's not home anymore.

Could I? Yes...

Would i want to? No!

the same applies to me. my Old Lady's opinion differs a lot from mine. she is not necessarily craving to live in one of our home countries but she would prefer to live in a much more developed country (as we did for 15 years before moving to Thailand).