Tt From Uk Barclays

There could be a multitude of reasons. You can ask Kasikorn for a copy of the telex and from that you will know whether the delay occurred in the UK or in Thailand. If you sent pounds, then it should arrive on the following working day. It's not unusual for delays to occur due to large volumes of transactions that need to be input both at the remnitting side and the beneficiary side, and since the interest earned while it is "in transit" goes to one or more of the banks in the chain they have little incentive to expedite things. Also, if you didn't specify the correspondent bank, there might have been a delay while Barclays contacted Kasikorn to verify the correspondent bank (but that;s not likely since Barclays must be remitting fuinds to kasikorn very often. And finally, I think that UK banks have a "fast" and a "normal" service, and perhaps you chose the normal service (maybe by default, since they will undoubtedly keep the funds earning interest in one of their suspense accounts for a couple of days.

I think most banks will tell you it COULD take up to 5 working days, I have an account in Jersey and have had money sent a few times, the best so far has been 18 hours!!!!!!! The worst was the full 5 days, who knows why!!?? I am just happy it arrives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There could be a multitude of reasons. You can ask Kasikorn for a copy of the telex and from that you will know whether the delay occurred in the UK or in Thailand. If you sent pounds, then it should arrive on the following working day. It's not unusual for delays to occur due to large volumes of transactions that need to be input both at the remnitting side and the beneficiary side, and since the interest earned while it is "in transit" goes to one or more of the banks in the chain they have little incentive to expedite things. Also, if you didn't specify the correspondent bank, there might have been a delay while Barclays contacted Kasikorn to verify the correspondent bank (but that;s not likely since Barclays must be remitting fuinds to kasikorn very often. And finally, I think that UK banks have a "fast" and a "normal" service, and perhaps you chose the normal service (maybe by default, since they will undoubtedly keep the funds earning interest in one of their suspense accounts for a couple of days.
Ipaid 20 pounds extra for the express service, still took 3 days,.

Ipaid 20 pounds extra for the express service, still took 3 days,.

Last time I did a TT from barclays it was 20 for normal and 35 for premium. Barclays website seems to concur:

http://barclays.metafaq.com/templates/barc...me=%24payabroad

We have two levels of service. The one you choose will depend on how much you want to send and how quickly the payment is needed:

Standard service

For non-urgent payments to virtually any destination world-wide

No maximum value

Payments dispatched at the very latest on the working day following receipt of instructions by the bank.

Priority service

For urgent payments to virtually any destination world-wide.

No maximum value

Same day dispatch of payments for instructions received by the bank before 2pm

Payments dispatched with earliest possible Value Date.

Indication of the number of working days for funds to be available to the beneficiary's bank.

Priority: 1-3 days Europe; 1-3 days North America; Up to 7 days rest of the world.

Standard: 4-5 days Europe; 4-5 days North America; Up to 8 days rest of the world.

Our charges

Standard International Payment Service: £20 (plus overseas delivery charges* where you have agreed to pay them).

Priority International Payment Service: £35 (plus overseas delivery charges* where you have agreed to pay them).