Marry Thai Girl And Making A Go Of It.

quiggs

My initial thought here is "youre going to move to thailand and put your meager life savings into a business with a thai woman?"

So many unknowns here.

How old are you?

How old is your girlfriend etc.

How long have you known her?

How long have you spent in thailand?

Can you easily go back home and get a job?- say 5 years form now

So without knowing all these things I go back to my initial thoughts

"youre going to move to thailand and put your meager life savings into a business with a thai woman?"

I hope you have a great business plan

So without knowing all these things I go back to my initial thoughts

"youre going to move to thailand and put your meager life savings into a business with a thai woman?"

I hope you have a great business plan

hehe............ :o

Honestly, seems I am in better shape than many coming there...I will have a work permit, and a job if I want it....more importantly, someone I trust. Seems that is something not easy to come by...anywhere :o

You're in much better shape than I was for a long time. I had about 11 years of living hand-to-mouth before I found a job I enjoyed that was relatively secure, and that included starting my own company and losing my life savings in it. And it took me 16 years to find the right girl.

One thing I would say is you need to be in it for the long run. There will be plenty of obstacles, so you need to be upbeat and don't give up. The more time you spend in Thailand, the more contacts you make and the more possibilities open up for work or business.

If you can avoid it, I wouldn't get into business with your fiancee or depend on her for a work permit, mainly because it's easier to maintain some romance in the relationship if you're not stuck together in a stressful environment all day. I've seen some good husband-and-wife companies and I've seen some bad ones.

You might try setting up your own company and having your fiancee be a director and/or an advisor. Or perhaps agree to work with her for the first year, while you get settled, and then start up your own business and transfer to it.

My GF has her own company and I certainly trust her, but we both prefer to maintain some independence and keep the relationship from getting stale.

It is a tough call.. the challenges await her.. The transition for you has been easy in T-land.. taking her back home.. means, she is totally dependent on you.. and that can add up.. at first, it is cute.. but then..

She is away from her Family..a big one... language.. another big one.. These two factors seem to aways play into the sucess factor.

Well ... I guess you can't just walk away.. and say goodbye.. but..Think about all the options...Do you really want to deal with all the hassles...

Living here ..and being married to a Thai has all its restrictions and requirements.. do you want to put up with all the monkey business.

In the end you're going to follow your heart...and you need to make the best choice for yourself, not the correct one.. A tough call.

You're not going to like it..but you need to move on..here... Your stablity seems intact..but you need more..marbles when you play in this area...This is not even mentioning the games and obligations you will face with her family..

Mate.. Pros...Cons.. weight them.. Good luck.. I trust you will make the best decision