Need To Know

Hello...everybody,I'm going to Penang next week to the Royal Thai consulate and I need some advice such as

what hotel should I stay in ?... It'll be very nice if its not far from thai consulate.. How far is it from the airport to thai consulate?

I need a non"O" visa and I planed to stay there about 2 days because my wife just gave birth and I don't want stay away from her and my baby so Do you think I can get a visa in 2 days? I'll get there by airasia at 10.15 am and I'll go straight to the thai consulate to fill out my paper work and I'll return to pick up my passport the next day and go back to thailand the same day. Is this possible ?Can you guys give me more advice about this?

... Thank you very much ...

Hello...everybody,I'm going to Penang next week to the Royal Thai consulate and I need some advice such as

what hotel should I stay in ?... It'll be very nice if its not far from thai consulate.. How far is it from the airport to thai consulate?

I need a non"O" visa and I planed to stay there about 2 days because my wife just gave birth and I don't want stay away from her and my baby so Do you think I can get a visa in 2 days? I'll get there by airasia at 10.15 am and I'll go straight to the thai consulate to fill out my paper work and I'll return to pick up my passport the next day and go back to thailand the same day. Is this possible ?Can you guys give me more advice about this?

... Thank you very much ...

Apply before 12.00 and collect the next day after 2.00 pm.

Here's the story:

Get a taxi at the airport to take you to the consulate / embassy to fill in the forms and apply for your visa. Then it takes you to your hotel. Get the guy's number. After check in, ask around the hotel for a price to do the reverse journey ending up with you at the airport. The hotels will let you check in without a passport by showing your visa application receipt.

The cost will be about 35/45 MYR each way.

Your basic tourist visa costs MYR 100.

Beware your photo size, they are very strict. They have to be quite large, not the real small ones. There is nowhere there to get them done and it is another 30 minute trip around town to get some.

Next day, leave around 2pm or whatever and pick your visa up on the way to the airport.

There is a Nandos chicken at the airport so you can get something good (reasonable) to eat.

I have stayed at the Cititel. Supposedly a 4* but in which country ? not bad, moderate TV selection. Room service excellent and very cheap (for a hotel). Telephone calls to LOS also very reasonable (phoning the wife all the time - she was pregnant !).

I booked through their website which was the cheapest at the time

http://www.cititelpenang.com/

http://www.cititelpenang.com/pg_tariff.html

Their tariff is not showing internet rates which are half the rack rate. I would, at the moment, suggest a booking service.

If you don't have a credit card they will use a cash deposit of about MYR 50-100.

If you cannot get a good price on that one (and I could not in 5 mins search - I previously paid MYR125) then their are accommodation desks at the airport. I would however suggest sorting one out beforehand.