Children On Motorbikes

Savage

children on motorbikes  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 people die every day in Thailand in Motorcycle accidents. A figure that has no comparison in the western world at any time, even when helmets were rare. Thai people see or hear about the deaths every day. They also see helmets every day and they do understand that they are used to protect you from injury in the extreme likelyhood of a crash. To not put enough value in your child's life to make the effort to stick a helmet on his head is in a word stupid. However I do notice that they spare no effort to keep away the sun which apparently is the greatest threat to life in Thailand.

Helmets (lack of) alone aren't the sole cause. General poor driving & riding skills amongst Thais are a bigger factor and this is down to various subfactors - education, tests, fitness, enforcement, punishment etc.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that people spoke out for helmet laws in the west is the reason people were forced to change.

People spoke out? Do you mean that people were bitching about other people, whom they didn't even know, about riding motorbikes without helmets? How caring of them!

Wearing a helmet is a personal choice. If you don't wear a helmet & hurt your head in a related accident, why would other people be worried about this?

I dislike rules as it is but I dislike "do-gooders" even more. :o

That's exactly the point. How can you argue that these children and babies are actually exercising their own choice. They are having this choice made for them. No?

The fact that people spoke out for helmet laws in the west is the reason people were forced to change.

People spoke out? Do you mean that people were bitching about other people, whom they didn't even know, about riding motorbikes without helmets? How caring of them!

Wearing a helmet is a personal choice. If you don't wear a helmet & hurt your head in a related accident, why would other people be worried about this?

That's exactly the point. How can you argue that these children and babies are actually exercising their own choice. They are having this choice made for them. No?

Unless they're your kids, why are you worried?

I resigned from that post, now I am in the chair of FBU, the Farang Bashers Union. :o

Maigo6,

Normally I love your Pattaya 'Worlds Best Whingers' bashing, but I really don't think it is approapriate in this thread...

We aren't talking about sexpats complaining about 0.078 GBP here... We aren't talking about farrang coming to Thailand and demanding everything change to suit them... we are takling about farrang feeling that little kids are being put at risk...

but keep up your Patters club bashing in the other threads...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Unless they're your kids, why are you worried?

So if you saw me abusing my wife and child, for example, would you say nothing?

Its funny, the people who defend Thailand so staunchly from Western criticism probably finish their posts and then head to the post on the situation in Burma and complain bitterly about the situation there.

Edited by Savage

So if you saw me abusing my wife and child, for example, would you say nothing?

I wouldn't say a thing unless you both physically interfered with me. On the other hand, I could stick my nose right in & call the cops. How would you like that?

I would expect it, if thats indeed what I did.

By the way you have no right to comment on the situation in Burma as its not your country i'm afraid.

Edited by Savage

The law is there. 3 wheelers are illegal, as are 3 or more people on bikes. And passengers have to wear helmets. It just simply is not enforced. Period.

I agree that it is patially the government's fault, in that it is partially their responsibility to educate the public, but that is it... Letting the government tell you what is right and wrong through law enforcement isn't the answer to anything...

In Cambodia the age of consent is 15... since your first birthday is the day you are born, by most methods of counting that makes it 14... does that make it OK??? It is legal...

I don't wear a helmet because it is the law, and I am scared of being fined... I wear one because being a vegetable isn't so appealing...

Cheers,

Daewoo

In Cambodia the age of consent is 15... since your first birthday is the day you are born, by most methods of counting that makes it 14... does that make it OK??? It is legal...

Where did you learn to count?

It means you have been breathing for 15 years, at 1 you have been alive one year.

15 means 15. Odd anology for this thread init.

Different people different standards. Why is it so difficult to understand?

For some parents and wives, merely riding a bike is wrong.

If people are saying it is not the children's choice to ride on the bike unprotected, are you also saying we have to ask the kids if they are willing to go to school? If they want this for dinner?

32 people die every day in Thailand in Motorcycle accidents.

That's cos there's a lot of motorcycles in Thailand!!!!

There a lot of Cars in USA, that's why over 40,000 people a year die on US roads.

It ain't rocket science.

make you right ,most thais own a motorbike ,not many a car ,thats why theres so many motorbike accidents .

It means you have been breathing for 15 years, at 1 you have been alive one year.

15 means 15. Odd anology for this thread init.

Well, in most countires, that is what it means... in Cambodia they count the day that you are born as your first birthday...

Sorry for bringing back old posts, but

My point is that it shouldn't be the role soley of the government and police to make you do the right thing...

Just because some corrupt, inbred, baby kissing politician says I can have sex with a 14 year old doesn't make it right, and I wouldn't do it...

Just because there is no enforcement of the helmet law doesn't make it right, and doesn't make it the police's fault that people don't wear helmets...

For Dogs sakes, how many laws has Thaksin enacted during his terms??? Would you think anything is right just because Thaksin said it was???

Cheers,

Daewoo

Edited by Daewoo