Tiger Airways

Flow

We booked tix before with Tiger & got email confirmation.

Last week we booked again but still no email. Is the email no longer part of the booking?

I did get an email confirmation I recall 4 mnths ago but the seat I reserved by paying extra was not in the confirmation. You'd better email customer service. That is if Tiger has this.

To one of the posters in this thread who mentioned Valueair. Jetstar and Valueair collaborate on flying the SING-BBK-SING route. So, a plane from either company can be used.

I tried to ask at the customer service desk at the budget terminal in Singapore about the lack of email. The woman refused to speak to me.

The flight was ok, same as any plane.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They (Tiger) out-did themselves last night cancelling a flight between the Gold Coast & Melbourne. Over 100 very annoyed passengers who were kept guessing for hours before being turned away without another flight option. A spokesperson today said it wasn't caused by any malfunction, but that it is NOT company policy to divulge reasons for cancellations. He also offered a $25 voucher to affected customers for their next Tiger flight. :o

Tiger may be in for a very short run in the Aussie domestic scene if they think treating customers with the contempt of Ryan Air or Easy Jet will wash.

I note that their promised flights to Alice Springs have also been postponed until March '08 as Qantas won't provide handling services at Alice Springs airport. Tiger need to establish their own handling facilities before flights can commence.

One might have thought they'd have got their s-hit together BEFORE taking peoples money, and then flushing their holiday plans down the toilet.

my experience with Tiger (sin-bkk october 07) and Air Asia (phuket-bkk, many times , other years & upcoming february 2008)

tiger was efficient, friendly, plane brand new, i ate my own food on the plane, cramped (I am tall), they gave me my choice of a great seat without service charge (i was first in line, no scrum to get aboard), on time. 7 kg for hand luggage is my biggest problem with all lcc because I have a lot of electronic and other valuable stuff, but it was not weighed.

ps sorry I put this post in the wrong thread, so some of it is not all that relevant

I booked a SIN-CNX Tiger flight for a friend last 22nd/November and he arrived in Chiang Mai very furious with the service on board. Apparently he asked twice a flight attendant (all were men BTW) for a Thai inmigration form to fill up during the flight before arriving and he was ignored everytime. Finally he had to fill it up in Chiang Mai airport before clearing passport control and we had to wait a long time for him to collect his luggage as he was the last passanger to exit. Low cost shouldn't mean bad service, or not?

I guess they'll let service slip to a point where their publicity becomes regularly rotten, and the public stop filling their aircraft. They've had a shaky start in Aus, where, like asia, it's not that difficult to take your patronage elsewhere.

I'm informed that they offer a very generous (not) 27 inch seat pitch (is that correct?), which is fine for primary school excursions, dwarfs, some circus performers, and a few asian women, but hardly realistic in a world where people aren't getting any smaller.

Seat pitch is advertised as 72.5cm, or 28.5 inches.

You can pay an extra Sing$25 when you are booking to upgrade to a seat with extra legroom ie 97.5cm, or 38 inches.

Interestingly the seat upgrade cost for flying in Oz on Tiger's new service is A$25, or Sing$32 - Australians must be richer!

Seat pitch is advertised as 72.5cm, or 28.5 inches.

You can pay an extra Sing$25 when you are booking to upgrade to a seat with extra legroom ie 97.5cm, or 38 inches.

Interestingly the seat upgrade cost for flying in Oz on Tiger's new service is A$25, or Sing$32 - Australians must be richer!

These r for exit row seats. Even if u have booked & paid u will not b allowed to sit there unless u meet the selection criteria; able to understand hostesses instructions, strong, not caring for kids,etc

Tiger gives away 20,000 free seats

Tuesday, 18 December 2007

Tiger Airways yesterday released 20,000 zero dollar fares for travel to 15 destinations departing from, or arriving in, Singapore.

The fares, which didn’t include fees and taxes, were available to destinations such as Krabi, Phuket, Guangzhou, Chennai, as well as the one Australian destination Darwin.

Rosalynn Tay, Tiger Airways Chief Commercial & Marketing Officer said, “Tiger Airways customers are now savvy travelers with over three years of low fare travel experience and book early to secure great travel deals especially during festive holidays and summer holidays.”

The one way tickets were valid for travel from the 7th of January to the 31st of March, 2008 and included the period of the Chinese Lunar New Year in early February.

Ms Tay also hinted at more discount fare seats to be made available in the next few weeks.

Peter

• 3 months later...

Im hearing stories about Tiger Airways canceling flights if they dont get filled. Has anyone heard of this ?

Im thinking of using them in conjunction with an international flight, im a little concerned they might do the dirty on me.

Anyone with any experience ?

I've flown on a couple of Tiger flights that were only about 60% full. If they cancelled the original flight then presumably they would also have to cancel the onward flight to the next destination also. You do hear of flights from the budget airlines being cancelled but I don't recall too many tales of last minute cancellations. If your flight is to a popular destination then you should be okay.

2. Baggage (over)weight is Tiger's way of getting more money from you. I saw a group of five who were refused to weigh their bags as a group. Each bag had to be identified and weighed seperately, and the excess weight charged accordingly. Of course, no credit for underweight bags.

I would suppose that bags have to be identified separately for security reasons if nothing else. If you are stupid enough to carry excess weight in baggage when the limits are stated on their website then l don't see how you can complain, unless you think you are 'the special one' and not Jose Mourinho. wink.gif

I frequently travel with my wife and daughter with only 1 bag between the 3 of us which is usually around 20 kgs. Nok Air and Air Asia have never had a problem with this, any idea how Tiger would handle it?

I've flown on a couple of Tiger flights that were only about 60% full. If they cancelled the original flight then presumably they would also have to cancel the onward flight to the next destination also. You do hear of flights from the budget airlines being cancelled but I don't recall too many tales of last minute cancellations. If your flight is to a popular destination then you should be okay.

This is the reason for my concern, its not a popular place. Well the place im departing from isnt.

Have just been checking out there site, USD$20 to upgrade your baggage allowance by a measly 5kg, they say its to "save on excess baggage charges". I personally $20 for 5kg to be a lot. Which raises the question, I wonder what they hit you for if you dont upgrade and you baggage is more than 15kg ? :o

As for the question about 3 people with one bag at only 20kg. Have never had this problem but I did see an instance of this a few weeks back when in was in Phuket. There were 3 people checking in together with 2 bags, combined between all 3 passengers they were well under the required ammount however, the staff still insisted on charging them excess baggage, they would not take into account the 3rd person who effectively did not have a bag to check in. The airline was Nok Air.

On the other hand I would imagine the airlines are more lenient when it comes to families, i.e. one small child.

So let me get this right. The 15 kg is ONLY for your checked in baggage, and does not include your carry on ?

So if my checked in baggage is 14kg, and my carry on is 4 or 5kg (e.g. my lap top) this would be fine ?

The 15kg limit per person is for check-in baggage. Last time we went, three of us were over the 45kg limit by a few kgs and the staff shrugged it off. Wife and daughter have checked-in more than 20-25kgs in one bag several times. They've never checked the weight for any of my carry on bags.