Looking For Factory To Produce Wooden Products For Export

koheesti

I posted this in the Buziness forum and was told that Chiang Mai has "100s". So maybe someone here can be more specific...

I have a friend who currently has wooden items produced in a factory in China and exported to Russia. Items such as; wooden picture frames, wooden hangers, and kitchen stuff (cutting boards, spoons, spatulas, etc). He is open to the possibility of moving production from China to Thailand. He will be coming to Thailand in the first quarter of 2008 and is interested in contacting some factories which might qualify. As for quantity he generally buys 62 cubic meters or 24 metric tons. He's looking for teak - or other hardwoods for frames that would have a natural finish.

Anyone know of any or can suggest where to look to find out the names and contact information of any factories?

• Like 1

I posted this in the Buziness forum and was told that Chiang Mai has "100s". So maybe someone here can be more specific...

I have a friend who currently has wooden items produced in a factory in China and exported to Russia. Items such as; wooden picture frames, wooden hangers, and kitchen stuff (cutting boards, spoons, spatulas, etc). He is open to the possibility of moving production from China to Thailand. He will be coming to Thailand in the first quarter of 2008 and is interested in contacting some factories which might qualify. As for quantity he generally buys 62 cubic meters or 24 metric tons. He's looking for teak - or other hardwoods for frames that would have a natural finish.

Anyone know of any or can suggest where to look to find out the names and contact information of any factories?

Good morning,

There are a number of shops/small manufacturing places in Hang Dong, just 10Km South out of Chiang Mai that do just about everything with wood - and they export as well as sell local. Take a quick drive there and you'll see what I'm talking about.

You will also find various itmes such as you are looking for, being manufactured in the greater Nan and Phrae area and down towards Uttatadit. Items manufacured there tend to be much less expensive then those from Chiang Mai.

And in Southern Thailand, Hat Yai and Songkhla area, you will find many of these items being made out of rubber wood and coconut wood. You'll find that "kitchen items" when made out of teak...might well be so expensive that they are out of market reach, ergo the use of other local woods that are So Much Less expensive.

Send me a PM if you need more detail.

Cheers,

David