Shananigans

onnut

what is the new shananigans like?

is it better than the old location, I drove past it the other day and it looked good from the outside, very big though, could they fill it? I never saw many people in the old one, I hope they have better custom this time round.

Next time I am in Pattaya I will go and have a look inside.

In my opinion the place is lacking in character, although the staff I found always to be friendly. Some of the 'special' menus aren't bad - On Wednesday you can get a bowl of soup & very large T-bone steak for 195 Baht. Even then, I'll collect it and take away rather than sit in there, I'm afraid to say.

In my opinion the place is lacking in character, although the staff I found always to be friendly. Some of the 'special' menus aren't bad - On Wednesday you can get a bowl of soup & very large T-bone steak for 195 Baht. Even then, I'll collect it and take away rather than sit in there, I'm afraid to say.
Are people still smoking in there ?

I really like the new Shenanigans. Myself and my partner go there often as we find their food to be very good. They do all you can eat specials each day of the week for around 250 baht and we have not had a bad meal there once. They have large comfortable chairs to the right when you go in which is where we eat all the time, I suppose it does lack in character being such a big place but if you want to find somewhere which is comfortable and serves good grub then i'd try Shenanigans. :o

I was in there a couple times last week. I really enjoyed it. The food was good and I do enjoy looking outside. The staff has always been very friendly and that has carried over to the new place. The prices have only increased very slightly over the previous location. From 4:00 to 7:00 they have a decent happy hour. I usually drink Tiger and I get a pint for (if I remember correctly) 95 baht, comparable with Kilkenny's on Walking Street. I will be going back the next time I am in Pattaya. It's still new but as time passes, I think it will devolope into a better environment.

Disclaimer. I have no financial or business interest whatsoever in their establishment. Just my outside opinion.

what is the new shananigans like?

is it better than the old location, I drove past it the other day and it looked good from the outside, very big though, could they fill it? I never saw many people in the old one, I hope they have better custom this time round.

Next time I am in Pattaya I will go and have a look inside.

Great for all you expats missing english/irish pubs and football/golf/darts ,.all of you that want fun/girls/ cheaper booze and an poper open air bar give it a wide berth,. :o

Can't stand the plastic mick pubs arould the world.

it just never feels right.

Devoid of all real atmosphere.

Not my cup of tea.

Go Go bar, now that has great atmosphere.

anyone what to go now?

Shenanigans versus happy go-go ? no comparison,if ever i need a pub to have a last drink before i commit suicide ill go to one of these english/irish bars ! ugh :o

I went there for the Austcham function and it was fine. I also returned for an excellent breakfast after trying to order breakfast from the sportsmans bar on beach road soi 13 which was too difficult for the staff.

Can someone tell me where it is? used to like the old one for Xmas Dinner.

its just oposite the old one, a little further down the road though.

anyway, I went there last night.

its very big, I do not think it has the Irish Bar look anymore. aluminum window frames, and to much shiny woodwork all over the place, it felt more like a cafe of sorts.

same staff as old one, they are not bad and do an ok job. very good prices on food but thought drinks were a little high. I ordered a soup and the daily special (snitzel) the soup was great but could of done with more than the two very small slices of bread sent with it, I have to say even though the snitzel was only 195, it was utter cr-p. the fries were re-heated for sure. ugh.....

my friend had the greek salad, it was poor. not many olives or feta just loads and loads of salad leaves.

I will still go there for a drink though, but will probably not eat there anymore. I did not see the manager, is he still there?