Congo In Chiang Mai

cnxmike

Those of us who want to experience how it might be to drive in Congo, Africa should go to the parking lot of the Central Airport Plaza. If you've never seen a pothole before, there you can see dozens of them. Some of them that large, that a kid might disappear. It's very extrem in the F - K part of the parking lot. In the last weeks I got very upset about this, -it easily can ruin your car-, so complained about it. I was told, Central didn't have the money to solve this problem.

Those of us who want to experience how it might be to drive in Congo, Africa should go to the parking lot of the Central Airport Plaza. If you've never seen a pothole before, there you can see dozens of them. Some of them that large, that a kid might disappear. It's very extrem in the F - K part of the parking lot. In the last weeks I got very upset about this, -it easily can ruin your car-, so complained about it. I was told, Central didn't have the money to solve this problem.

...you are being a little harsh. I know from experience the roads in the Congo are far superior to the Airport Plaza car parks!

I never ever park in either of the big shopping mall car parks. Central Huay Kaew is a total nightmare, and I have even driven out again, without getting out of my car..! The Airport one is a little better, but not much. The best is to park opposite, on both locations, and walk across the road. I have done this for many years. As for potholes, I am sure eveyone knows by now about the contractor who is responsible for maintaining roads around Thailand..? He would not be doing himself any favours if he did too good a job..! So you will see the same thing every year, after the rainy season. His trucks arrive, and they spend a few days digging up the road around the potholes. They they fill them with 'loosly-packed' gravel, and little bitumen to hold it all together, and move on to the next bit. It all of course washes away with the first good rainfall the next season, and so it goes on... Maybe the contractor for Central or Robinsons is a different guy, but his motives will almost certainly be the same...TIT :o

If you've never seen a pothole before, there you can see dozens of them. Some of them that large, that a kid might disappear.

Some of the potholes are so deep that they have managed to stuff multiple sandbags into them as a low-rent method of filling the holes. Classy.

easily solved- park in the carpark building. :o no potholes there. jai yen yen brother

Personally, I dont go to the Plaza anytime during the weekend as its always full and parking a nightmare. No different to anywhere else really. I always get a park closer to the 3rd or 4th level as thats where all the eateries I like are. :D

I never ever park in either of the big shopping mall car parks. Central Huay Kaew is a total nightmare, and I have even driven out again, without getting out of my car..! The Airport one is a little better, but not much. The best is to park opposite, on both locations, and walk across the road. I have done this for many years. As for potholes, I am sure eveyone knows by now about the contractor who is responsible for maintaining roads around Thailand..? He would not be doing himself any favours if he did too good a job..! So you will see the same thing every year, after the rainy season. His trucks arrive, and they spend a few days digging up the road around the potholes. They they fill them with 'loosly-packed' gravel, and little bitumen to hold it all together, and move on to the next bit. It all of course washes away with the first good rainfall the next season, and so it goes on... Maybe the contractor for Central or Robinsons is a different guy, but his motives will almost certainly be the same...TIT :o

its called "job creation" :D

Rather than saying "Ride a bike" I'll just add that there are lots of places I don't take the car, especially at night in Chiang Mai. Even with a bike, it isn't easy to find a place to park. #12 Huay Kaew, across from Central and underneath that other cinema, is a good place that charges 10 baht for bikes. You have to have an hour to spare in those super big malls, anyway. Up three levels, across 125 meters of floors, and you'd better know where the toilets are and start getting there early. Does anybody remember chain restaurants with their own toilets?