Staying For One Year To

Hi All

I would like to know the best way to bring or transfer money to Thailand (3 to 5 million bht). I am planning on coming to stay for a year while looking for a good opportunity to start or open a business in the Kingdom.

I have read through all the visa issue (getting a multi/entry from home country, USA) but I could not find a clear answer on how to bring money if and when I do find something. Any USA bank better for transfer or open account with to facilitate transfer or withdrawl in Thailand.

Thank you for any good tips you can give.

Bonviveur

Hi All

I would like to know the best way to bring or transfer money to Thailand (3 to 5 million bht). I am planning on coming to stay for a year while looking for a good opportunity to start or open a business in the Kingdom.

I have read through all the visa issue (getting a multi/entry from home country, USA) but I could not find a clear answer on how to bring money if and when I do find something. Any USA bank better for transfer or open account with to facilitate transfer or withdrawl in Thailand.

Thank you for any good tips you can give.

Bonviveur

Send the funds from your US bank to your Thai bank. Any currency exceeding US$10,000 or equivalent carried into Thailand must be declared to Customs to enable funds to be carried out of Thailand.