How Do I Sell A Plane Ticket?

Ruperts

I have a ticket to England from Bangkok for the 2nd November that i want to sell... how would i go about this?

I dont think that you can sell the plane ticket, coz it has your name on it and no one else can fly on your ticket AFAIK. :o

Why dont you return it to the airline and get refund? :D

I have a ticket to England from Bangkok for the 2nd November that i want to sell... how would i go about this?

Forget it. In the old days you could but now with the passengers passport no & details I think you'd be pushing sh*t up hill with a pointed stick

With great difficulty.

The only thing you can do is to apply for a partial refund through your travel agent or issuing airline, and that will only be done at source in your original buying currency, and will be subject to terms and conditions (and penalties) under which the ticket was originally issued.

Two years ago my daughter dumped her boyfriend after he had bought a round trip ticket to Thailand to accompany her on holiday. He got zilch refund.

There is no way in this day and age of terrorism that will be able to sell your ticket to anyone. In fact, except for internal flights when they didn't check ID's, (in the old days), there never was, despite what you see in the movies. Airlines will never change the name on an issued ticket.

>... round trip ticket to Thailand to accompany her on holiday. He got zilch refund.

It all depends on the class of the ticket and the T&Cs that the ticket was sold under, very cheap tickets are tied to departure and returns dates very tightly (as this allows the airline to plan seating/load rates) any changes incure a fee, 7,000 Baht typically.

It is possible to carry out name changes on some class of ticket, but I doubt you would find a punter to buy such a dodgy looking deal, if you have a cheapy ticket class you might have better luck going for an extended return date. Sometimes the ticket (therefore the return date) is limited to 3 or 6 months after the date of issue, so at least you have hedged your bet by extending the time you have to use the ticket yourself.

Doing anything must involve the ticketing agent or airline, the airline's frequent flyer programme would be a good place to start. If you are not a member already, join online as it costs nothing but ten minutes of your time and gives you a little edge.

If doing the deal straight and true with the airline does not produce a "good" response consider pleading poverty, broken leg, medical problems, pregnant girlfriend who needs the money now etc might help as might seeing if they would issue a credit note.

Assuming you bought the ticket in the UK you would probably have better luck making the call there as the Thai side I would spectulate get this sort of thing on a regular basis.

HTH

As opposed to trying to sell it ( not possible) go for a refund by all means.

Not knowing your circumstances re you not wanting the ticket for that date, there is a 3rd option and that is to change the date of the flight to a time in the future when you feel you will need it. Not all tickets have the option AFAIK but it is worth thinking about?

Cost me 3,000 Baht last time I had to change my flight date and come back to the UK early.

See if you can get a refund or at least credit for it. Only an idiot would buy it.

So there is a high probability he would get it sold.

I mean, if you can sell a WoW-character for 7000 EURO...

:o

There I was wondering what cdnvic was trying to say: Easy or difficult? It really is not difficult to find an idiot these days.

You can always sell it to me.

Edited by meemiathai

which airline?

most give at least partial refunds up to 28 days before flying.

looks like this one should be avoided whoever they be/

Qantas, but, its not just a single ticket. Its part of a round the world ticket.

no refund. not a single penny. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

which airline?

most give at least partial refunds up to 28 days before flying.

looks like this one should be avoided whoever they be/

Question is if he is trying to sell the unused part of a ticket since a HALF used ticket cannot be refunded unless it is at a yearly full fare in which case 1 50% refund would be normal, don't blame the airlines, caveat emptor as they say! There is absolutely NO way you can change names on a ticket.

Easy ! find someone with exactly the same name as you , sorted ! ,otherwise like when a famous greyhound died to get some money the owner raffled it off without disclosing it was dead ! :o Edited by mikethevigoman

Its part of a round the world ticket.

:o

Sorry . . . but you've tried to get a refund one a single leg of a RTW ticket?!?!?

Now I've heard it all!

No no no, thats not how it was. I loosely enquired about ways of obtaining money in exchange for my ticket when it was only 1 or 2 legs old. They told me I couldn't do it, all i could do was change the dates and/or destinations.

It seems a bit silly to me - that in this world of paying extra to offset carbon emmisions when you fly for the good of the planet - that airlines will happily let a seat go empty on a long flight, when it could easily be given to someone else.

It seems a bit silly to me - that in this world of paying extra to offset carbon emmisions when you fly for the good of the planet - that airlines will happily let a seat go empty on a long flight, when it could easily be given to someone else.

Believe me they will try to not levae the seat empty. But they will also try to get the money for it twice.

You are pretty naive my friend.

Believe me they will try to not levae the seat empty. But they will also try to get the money for it twice.

you can bet your sweet butt on that!