Rayong

finished

Hi ,, Thinking of moving to Rayong ,, Looking for information regarding the place ,, Example ,,, crime there ,, school for my 8 year old boy ,, cost of living ,, i will be looking for a houseshop to rent or buy if price is right ,,, look forward to any information ,, Thanks Finished

Hi ,, Thinking of moving to Rayong ,, Looking for information regarding the place ,, Example ,,, crime there ,, school for my 8 year old boy ,, cost of living ,, i will be looking for a houseshop to rent or buy if price is right ,,, look forward to any information ,, Thanks Finished

Hi,

I just know from some colleagues, that housing is rather cheap compared with Pattaya. I know one guy who rents a brand new big house (2 story) with nice garden in a new village at far below 30,000 Bht a month. It is not a townhouse!

Heard nothing special about crimes, although some people mentioned that there are break-ins a s well, especially if you look like a farang...overall however I think it is safer than certain areas in Pattaya.

All I can comment, hope some people might give additional information.

Regards

Moo9

Hi,

I just know from some colleagues, that housing is rather cheap compared with Pattaya. I know one guy who rents a brand new big house (2 story) with nice garden in a new village at far below 30,000 Bht a month. It is not a townhouse!

Heard nothing special about crimes, although some people mentioned that there are break-ins a s well, especially if you look like a farang...overall however I think it is safer than certain areas in Pattaya.

Regards

Moo9

supose it depends what you mean by big , I have a nice 2 year old 3 bed in a good development communal pool and so on less than half that , in Pattaya I also would like to hear from someone who perhaps lives there what its like

Edited by dogit

• 5 weeks later...

If you're interested in an international school - St.Andrews is definitely the place. The St. Andrews Estate is really nice too - has the golf club, equestrian school and housing estates which we would live if we didn't love living out at Mabprachan :o

St.Andrews Rayong Link

Hi there ,

How is the beer prices over there ? Between retail and wholesales prices ? Any idea ? Thanks .

I'm glad someone is asking the right questions ! :D

totster :o

Dear Totster ,

Do you know any beer wholesaler in Rayong and availablity of brand ? Thanks . :D

Hi to all members here .

Could anyone here help me out on this ? I need to know the prices of beer in rayong mathaphut area or even better if you guys know the wholeseller there . shophouse rental rate which i could use as an office on the upper floors . Thanks . :o

• 5 months later...

Plenty of farang here in Rayong. However, if you don't have a car or a motorbike, then this city is not suitable. The city is very big and spread out across a huge area. Rents for new apartments range from 2,500 baht for small/tiny places to 7000 baht for medium priced luxury and upper limits for luxury....the sky is the limit.

Hi,

Regards

Moo9

The rentals on houses in Rayong / Ban Chang way are higher than arround Pattaya as there's a booming petrochem construction industry over there and an acute shortage of decent accommodation.

If you want to find the Farang, just go to the strip of bars in Ban Chang.

Edit: Added Farang finding info.

Edited by PattayaParent

The rentals on houses in Rayong / Ban Chang way are higher than arround Pattaya as there's a booming petrochem construction industry over there and an acute shortage of decent accommodation. If you want to find the Farang, just go to the strip of bars in Ban Chang.

Don't take the word of a Pattaya resident. I have lived in Pattaya, Ban Chang and Rayong. Ban Chang can run as much as Pattaya. However, there are some cheaper apartment rental in Ban Chang, if you don't mind living in a less desireable area, or a building/house that is run down.

Rayong is much, much cheaper. Apartments and houses go for 4,000-6,000 baht/month. Rayong is a mixed area in that, in addition to all the petrochem workers, there's a lot of shopowners and other middle class types who are relatively affluent because they scrimp and save. They aren't the type of people who will put up with over-inflated rental prices.