What's The Best Way To Sell Your Car In Phukt?

ozymandious

I would try the Gazette first. They are overpriced but there is really nowhere else to place it. Phuket Post, even with their spam control, does not have a lot of hits on the site.

I would suggest also TV. As their new classifieds system is now broken down by city and region.

Never sold a car yet. But mine is up for sale. 8-))

I would try the Gazette first. They are overpriced but there is really nowhere else to place it. Phuket Post, even with their spam control, does not have a lot of hits on the site.

I would suggest also TV. As their new classifieds system is now broken down by city and region.

How affordable is it to be a car owner in Phuket? I look at the gazette with idle curiosity, but never really do the math. You can get cheap runarounds in UK for a few hundred quid - is it comparable over here? Could you buy, insure and run a wreck for a year for, say, 100k baht?

How affordable is it to be a car owner in Phuket? I look at the gazette with idle curiosity, but never really do the math. You can get cheap runarounds in UK for a few hundred quid - is it comparable over here? Could you buy, insure and run a wreck for a year for, say, 100k baht?

yes, you can Hans

However it is recommendable that you know yourself around cars in order not to get cheated too much

driving around with open eyes you see many cars with window ads for sale in the range of Baht 50,000 - 90,000

guess insurance is rather cheap for old used cars

had to pay for a new car full cover insurance 30K !

so guess it is possible for a year to run an old car at 100K (except gasoline of course)

Seppl :o

When i bought my pickup truck, i looked at the Gazette, both online and bought the paper.

I drove to about 20 used car dealers both on the island and even went off the island for a day looking.

I finally bought one that i saw, by itself, parked on the road near "supercheap"

It was a private sale. I was able to negotiate because i had cash. (many Thai people don't and want terms)

I am very happy with my purchase and although I had a few small problems ( starter, radiator) I have now driven it 25,000 kms. and it is still running great.

I do feel myself experienced at buying used cars and think i know what to look for.

I always buy my vehicles at public car auctions in the US and I really wish they had those here but...........

so, there's no right way or wrong way, just whatever road you're on. (there's a Keb Mo song that goes something like that that's not bad advice)

Private sales are the best. Most of the used car dealers in Phuket work on commission either from the company or the lot is loaded with private cars using the location to sell them.

Drive around. You would be surprised how many you see and for how much you can buy them for.

Gazette.. Baht and sold.. Perhaps the new classified here or the cars for sale forums..

You can run a wreck for 100k.. but much better to run a nice car at 200 IMO.. And less likely to need major engine work.. As long as you buy right the 120 - 140 up to 250 range has little depreciation if kept serviced and maintained.. Certainly less depreciation than buying one that needs constant attention.

I could be convinced to sell a superb little VW golf at about 220.. Doesnt get enough use lately and intending to be off the island a bit more.

Gazette.. Baht and sold.. Perhaps the new classified here or the cars for sale forums..

You can run a wreck for 100k.. but much better to run a nice car at 200 IMO.. And less likely to need major engine work.. As long as you buy right the 120 - 140 up to 250 range has little depreciation if kept serviced and maintained.. Certainly less depreciation than buying one that needs constant attention.

I could be convinced to sell a superb little VW golf at about 220.. Doesnt get enough use lately and intending to be off the island a bit more.

sorry, thats not a recognised word in Thailand

I have been driving past the same beat up pick up thats parked in the same place for almost 18 months

every few months they rewrite the sign saying 245,000 baht as it fades. They haven't dropped the price one baht. :o