Superfly?

Wikipedia says there's a new low-cost long-haul carrier flying out of BKK, starting 1 Oct 2007:

SUPERFLY

Word up, Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott.

Anyone know any more details about it? There doesn't seem to be an official website yet, although wiki mentioned Superfly was set to compete against AirAsiaX and Oasis Air with Sydney and Gatwick being the initial destinations--something ridiculous like <5000B one-ways excluding taxes.

...all I can say about long-haul LCCs is give me an ambien and some duty free--let's fly!

Info from the Wiki, nothing else found anywhere. I wonder how you buy tickets?

A Poo-Air look alike, two ancient 747-300's ex Thai airways. How are they going to reliably service two long haul routes (London and Sydney) with only two aircraft?

Already problems

On the first day of operations, there was a delay from the flight to Bangkok to Sydney for an hour due to technical problems. Later the flight went on smoothly.

Cram 565 passengers in (single class layout), I for one will not be going anywhere near them.

EDIT

Aircraft history (from airfleets.net) -

HS-TGD

Serial number 23721 LN:681

Type 747-3D7

First flight date 22/06/1987

Test registration N6046P

HS-TGE

Serial number 23722 LN:688

Type 747-3D7

First flight date 16/11/1987

Test registration N60668

Both seem to have been with Thai airways since new, so there is a chance they've been reasonably well maintained.

Edited by Crossy

Ok, so i was in Suvarnabhumi Airport last weekend and this is supposed to be where Superfly is based in Bangkok. Imagine my surprise after making lots of enquiries that nobody had ever heard of the airline. I asked at the info desk, tour operators, nobody knew........ OK I wasnt surprised :o

Any further info would be most welcome. Does seem bizarre that they have no website.

• 2 weeks later...
.....I for one will not be going anywhere near them......

Wouldn't touch 'em with a barge pole either!!

why ? these aircrafts are still ten years YOUNGER than the B747-Zombies that OrientThai uses for its HongKong and Korea flights..... :o

BTW, this new mysterious airline could indeed be an incarnation (well, arent we in a Buddhist country ?) of THAI SKY AIRLINES or PHUKET AIR......