Tiger Temple, Kanchana Buri And Train To Death Railway

Ritti

Looking to go for a day trip to Kanchanaburi. Is it possible to see Tiger Temple,Bridge over River Kawaii and also do the train trek to the waterfall in 1 day? If so please give me any details

Cheers

It would be a rather hectic schedule. I've been to Kanchanaburi several times and have stayed at least three days on each occasion. I suggest that you do this trip justice and spend a few days in Kanchanaburi, as there is so much more to see and do than what you are proposing. If you want to see a waterfall then better you visit the Erawan Falls; much more impressive than the ones your planning to visit.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

Looking to go for a day trip to Kanchanaburi. Is it possible to see Tiger Temple,Bridge over River Kawaii and also do the train trek to the waterfall in 1 day? If so please give me any details

Cheers

It would be a rather hectic schedule. I've been to Kanchanaburi several times and have stayed at least three days on each occasion. I suggest that you do this trip justice and spend a few days in Kanchanaburi, as there is so much more to see and do than what you are proposing. If you want to see a waterfall then better you visit the Erawan Falls; much more impressive than the ones your planning to visit.

I would agree. There's a lot to see in and around Kanchanaburi and it would be a shame to go to there and miss out on the likes of the cemeteries, Hellfire Pass, Sai Yok, Erawan, etc.

Gotta agree with the other guys. Although all those you mention areon the same route I would advise dedicating a day or a large part to each place. Be prepared to pay the rip off 400 BHT entrance fee at Erowan & also make sure your in tip top condition to tackle the hel_l fire pass. There's also a safari park in Kanchanaburi which gets very little publicity but is also worth the visit.

What ever you decide enjoy what's on offer at all the places.

Gotta agree with the other guys. Although all those you mention areon the same route I would advise dedicating a day or a large part to each place. Be prepared to pay the rip off 400 BHT entrance fee at Erowan & also make sure your in tip top condition to tackle the hel_l fire pass. There's also a safari park in Kanchanaburi which gets very little publicity but is also worth the visit.

What ever you decide enjoy what's on offer at all the places.

If you happen to have a Thai Driving licence you will find, as I did, that the guys at the entrances will just charge the Thai rate. They actually seemed happy not to have to ask for the exorbitant foreigner rate.

We stayed in Kanchanaburi for about 4 days but tried to do Erewan waterfall, hellfire pass and the railway in one day. We only got up to the 4th or 5th tier of the waterfall and there are about 12 if i remember correctly. At Hellfire pass we looked around the museum but didn't go on the walk. I think it was about 4ks but as we were going to get the train only had limited time.

I'd like to go back again and you could probably spend a day at Erewan and half a day at hellfire pass.

Very tranquil place though. Nice break from Bangkok

Edited by julie_f