Thai Farang Fights

xyborg

I miss a lot of things about growing up there but not all the fighting i had to do. Newark was number 1 in the states for crime and drugs when i grew up. moving to LA was a pleasure after the military and now retiring here is good aside from the obvious bozos.

Damion, ive been into martial arts for 40 years, look me up if your ever in pattaya, we can have a bottled water sometime since neither of us is into drinking

--------------------------

Like you said Jimmy, fighting at least a couple times a week, sometimes more.

We learned quick what the real use of a baseball bat was. Boxing mixed martial arts training since the early 70"s blah blah blah.

My girlfriend always gets a kick that my response is always giving the peace sign when asshls act up these days.

That's the first and best option anyway in my opinion.

Good Health... :o

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heads up Jimmy,

Well back from a nice 4 day vacation visiting relatives in Las Vegas. Beautiful weather and fantastic time.

I'm surprised to still see the debate going on. They should have caught some of the action in the old days on Springfield Ave. or Orange St in Newark, Ey Jimmy.

Fighting, my God I've had enough of it.

I have other stories much more exciting than this.

It's incredible that some of you find this encounter so unbelievable. Just really glad I didn't get hurt and that the girl who stuck the knife in my face will probably think twice about trying to stab someone again.

I saw he on the beach the next day sucking down a Leo with a big bandage on her head. Pretty pathetic.

I have been vegeterian since 1974. "Ahimsa", non violence is an important principle to me. I try to follow Buddha's teachings. These days I give myself an 80/20 success rate. Still room for improvement.

Discretion is most definitely the better part of valor. However when my life or safety is threatened and happens quickly and there's no place to run, or the life of another defenseless person' s is, especially a if woman or child is threatened, historically I have done what needs to be done.

I used to love to fight when I was a young guy. No need to speak of former training or experience as it will be just another perceived lie.

Key word, perceived.

Well carry on though, if it entertains you.

At least some thing positive came out of this waste of time... :D

I miss a lot of things about growing up there but not all the fighting i had to do. Newark was number 1 in the states for crime and drugs when i grew up. moving to LA was a pleasure after the military and now retiring here is good aside from the obvious bozos.

Damion, ive been into martial arts for 40 years, look me up if your ever in pattaya, we can have a bottled water sometime since neither of us is into drinking

oh i get u now 'jimmy' when u say i am from another planet u mean i am not from newark. :o

Yo Jimmy, head up. Yo, fighting physician, word up.

Yeah, you're the street smartest, toughest, coolest, hardest, bad assest Americans on the forum and we're lucky to have you. Yeah, 2-3 fights a week or more. Word up. Newark.

Can anyone else call this Godfather, Sopranos wannabe BS what it is--BS. I believe a little bit of it, but of course we all know those who've done the most brag the least. And these guys? Well, thankfully America, my country too, is now and always has been about a lot more than gangster BS and street toughs and such nonsense. They offer a side of it at its worst, which surely exists, but others would rather focus on the other 97% or whatever per cent of America, such as the wonder of the new immigrnats, no matter from where they come, at how easy and certain it is to make it in the USA with hard work and perseverance.

Cheers.

Yo Jimmy, head up. Yo, fighting physician, word up.

Yeah, you're the street smartest, toughest, coolest, hardest, bad assest Americans on the forum and we're lucky to have you. Yeah, 2-3 fights a week or more. Word up. Newark.

Can anyone else call this Godfather, Sopranos wannabe BS what it is--BS. I believe a little bit of it, but of course we all know those who've done the most brag the least. And these guys? Well, thankfully America, my country too, is now and always has been about a lot more than gangster BS and street toughs and such nonsense. They offer a side of it at its worst, which surely exists, but others would rather focus on the other 97% or whatever per cent of America, such as the wonder of the new immigrnats, no matter from where they come, at how easy and certain it is to make it in the USA with hard work and perseverance.

Cheers.

well id still like to know how pepe managed to find the time to pick up the right piece of wood off the floor with a knife stuck in his face. i dont know the motivation for his brand of bs, and frankly like u say who cares?

If one is a fighter the first thing one thinks of is a weapon when threatened and will grab anything.

The point of my story before was when I knocked that Thai guy down in the gutter he instantly came up with a piece of glass to fight back with and if I didn't have a better weapon, he would have attacked me..

Pepe just got lucky that a suitable weapon was handy. :o

If one is a fighter the first thing one thinks of is a weapon when threatened and will grab anything.

The point of my story before was when I knocked that Thai guy down in the gutter he instantly came up with a piece of glass to fight back with and if I didn't have a better weapon, he would have attacked me..

Next time make sure you knock them harder !

So there is no chance for a second attack .

On the different side , if I was him and got knocked down , I also would grab anything , just to hurt you .

Anyway , I never have started a fight , its all self defence , like you did , knock them harder .

Jump onto them , no matter what Thai boxing or Tae Kwondo they put on you , they will get intimidated ,

and will stop . Its the only way to get out of such a bad situation .

It happened to me once , back in my home country ( 3 to 1 ) , no way to get out, got cornered by bullies .

I took the biggest one , jumped up to him , the other 2 ran away , and its a true story .( its 50% in the mind , 50% physical) )

And we Dutch are no little guys , so it does work , pound for pound .

Not that I enjoy doing it though .

Next time make sure you knock them harder !

So there is no chance for a second attack .

There was no 'first attack' to begin with, the Thai simply pressed up against him on the sidewalk, probably because of someone pressing up against him, these sidewalks do get crowded some days. Ulysses G then sent him to the ground on his hands and knees instigating the problem.

Actually, I was all the way on the curb of the sidewalk with a friend walking on the other side. The Thai man was walking in a great hurry in the gutter and for some reason pushed into me from the street, crushing my hand and knocking me into my freind. I have very painful Rhumatoid Arthritis and responded instinctually by twisting my hip and knocking him into the street. I just wanted to stop the pain; I didn't have time to think.

He didn't "attack" me initially, but he did shove me. Maybe, that will teach him to mess with fat people! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Actually, I was all the way on the curb of the sidewalk with a friend walking on the other side. The Thai man was walking in a great hurry in the gutter and for some reason pushed into me from the street, crushing my hand and knocking me into my freind. I have very painful Rhumatoid Arthritis and responded instinctually by twisting my hip and knocking him into the street. I just wanted to stop the pain; I didn't have time to think.

He didn't "attack" me initially, but he did shove me. Maybe, that will teach him to mess with fat people! :D

-------------------

Sorry you got hurt General. Becareful in LOS... :o

You know to me I feel as tho I have lowered myself deeply even looking into this thread ... it was a ship in the night ... and long may it stay as that ... I have better things to do
I cant beleive they are still rattling on,. make love not war is my motto,, im off out to practice what i preach ! :o

You know to me I feel as tho I have lowered myself deeply even looking into this thread ... it was a ship in the night ... and long may it stay as that ... I have better things to do
I cant beleive they are still rattling on,. make love not war is my motto,, im off out to practice what i preach ! :o

--------------------------

My girlfriend always gets a kick that my response is always giving the peace sign when asshls act up these days.

That's the first and best option anyway in my opinion.

Good Health... cool.gif

----------------------------

That's what I was trying to say.

When I was a kid, I was the terror of my family, the hot-head often goading other to piss them off.

Then I matured (ha ha) and kept cool headed for decades - except with a few girlfriends, but not physically abusive.

Then coming to Thailand, over the past 9 years I haven't had any fights, but a few times I've asserted myself to the point of getting Thai men very angry. Causes vary. There was a carpenter who repeatedly tossed trash in my yard. I confronted him and he waved a hand saw in my face. When he saw I wasn't backing away, he refrained from striking me - though he was livid, because I had taken the trash and put it the cab of his pu truck, and ants had gotten all over his lunch.

Another time an older crazy guy got pissed at me for gently nudging him from the side - for jumping in line in front of me at a magazine stand. He yelled at me for a full 5 minutes, but I just stood there and let him express himself. then turned and walked away. Bystanders must have wondered why I took it all face on without doing more. The old man would have crumpled from one finger poke, so I didn't want to take advantage.

Not much to report from me, really, as I never go to bars, except a few times to jam some R&B.

i think u are missing what i am saying. he claims to have been attacked by 2 kathoey, he pushed one away and then one threatened him with a knife. he then supposedly picked up a piece of wood and knocked her to the ground.

just try an experiment. get someone to stand close to u holding a knife (or suitable substitute) to your neck or chest, try to pick something off the floor without getting stabbed (yes just pretend). i understand you may not be as fit as some but if u try it u will see that its very difficult to achieve without some kind of intervening action. the instinct here i would say is to grab hold of the knife hand, not to look on the ground, taking your eye off the knife, and hope to find something there.

QUOTE(Pepe' @ 2007-10-04 03:56:05)

About ten years ago two Katoeys tried to pick my pocket on beach road in Pattaya as I was walking to my hotel about 4:00 AM.

As I pushed one away he/ she fell to the ground the other pulled a knife out.

Fortunately there was a nice piece of wood, like a 2x4, in the gutter.

I quickly picked it up gave the one with the knife a good solid shot on the head and she fell to the side walk.

It didn't look split open so I gave it one more shot for good measure.

The other one got up and ran down the street.

He doesn't say how far the one with the knife was away from him. If it backed away while getting its knife out or was hesitant to attack and Pepe' saw a weapon close by, it is entirely possible that he could have grabbed it and slammed the Katoey in the head before getting stabbed.

By the way, I was quite fit until I got Arthritis. I haven't been fat for all of my life. :o

I had what I consider to be a fortunate experience not long after I first arrived in Thailand. I was drinking in the bar beer centre in Chiang Mai back in 1993 and heard some shouting from another bar. Turned to watch and saw a large British guy in typical lager lout tourist attire having a confrontation with a Thai guy. It escalated and the British guy swung and hit the Thai guy, knocking him to the ground. The Thai guy scarpered off.

The Brit sat back down at the bar very pleased with himself doing the aggresive shoulder shrug limber down thing and telling anyone that would listen that he'd shown that guy.

About 20 minutes later I heard a commotion again and turned to see the guy being tugged from his seat by a group of Thai girls. He was arguing with them and shaking his head then eventually got up to go and they dragged him out the back entrance.

A few minutes later a group of Thai guys, including the guy who'd been punched came in through the front entrance and went around all the bars obviously looking for the British guy. I asked the girls at the bar I was at what was going on and they said the Thai guy was drunk and had gone and got his Thai friends who were also drunk and they had guns.

They left after going round the bars a few times and I left about 20 minutes later to see them all in the back of pick up truck parked not far away, obviously hoping the Brit guy would come back.

Made me realise at a very early stage from my stay in Thailand that drunk Thai guys will go get their drunk friends and that guns are easily available and life is cheap. I have never been tempted to escalate any confrontation from seeing first hand how far and how quick escalation could go in this country.

QUOTE(Pepe' @ 2007-10-04 03:56:05)

About ten years ago two Katoeys tried to pick my pocket on beach road in Pattaya as I was walking to my hotel about 4:00 AM.

As I pushed one away he/ she fell to the ground the other pulled a knife out.

Fortunately there was a nice piece of wood, like a 2x4, in the gutter.

I quickly picked it up gave the one with the knife a good solid shot on the head and she fell to the side walk.

It didn't look split open so I gave it one more shot for good measure.

The other one got up and ran down the street.

He doesn't say how far the one with the knife was away from him. If it backed away while getting its knife out or was hesitant to attack and Pepe' saw a weapon close by, it is entirely possible that he could have grabbed it and slammed the Katoey in the head before getting stabbed.

By the way, I was quite fit until I got Arthritis. I haven't been fat for all of my life. :D

well he does say that 2 kathoeys tried to pick his pocket. which mean they were both close.

i concede that it could happen if the kathoey froze completely and let him hit her.

its still very unlikely though. to look on the ground and find the time to find and pick a a piece of wood with someone breathing down your neck with a knife in hand, let alone be allowed to use it without that being grabbed too, would mean that kathoey fought like a girl. :o

I just had a fight with two intruders at my condo.

I came home from work a bit early, opened my door and from the corner of my eyes I saw something moving.

Actually I saw two heading in opposite directions hiding in two different areas.

Ok I was thinking, intruders when they are caught they wanna escape so I left the door open leaving enough space for them to escape.

Being trained as a secret service agent which includes Krav Maga, Teakwondo, Karate, Kung <deleted>, Jiu Jitsu and other techniques that I cannot reveal, I did not fear.

I needed to isolate one of the intruders first, give a non lethal blow and then hoping they would fled the scene.

So what I did is switch on the light room by room, first the entrance, nothing there. Then I moved to the kitchen and swith the light on and yes there was one.

Within a second the intruder was given a blow to the temple and laying on the ground, still alive but pased out, yes I checked.

Second intruder was more difficult to find.

I checked the other rooms but initially no intruder to be found but I was sure the intrudere was there.

Finally I located the second intruder behind a curtain.

I sprayed some Maze and delivered a lethal blow.

After checking the second intruder was really dead I delivered a lethal blow to the first one and got disposed of the body's

Thai cockroaches, a pain in the ass....

:o