Not Able To Access International Web Sites

batami

Today I have not been able to access a wide range of web sites outside thailand -- i have spoken to Max On Line but did not get any sense (??) and still waiting for them to call me back ... (yes, I know)

I am in Chiang Mai

Anyone else got gthe same problem ??

Can anyone thow any light on the situation?

Hi,

I had the same problem yesterday, especially .com sites. Better, but not 100% today. I posted the same question as you did, had 39 views to date, but no replies. Not sure if that means no-one else had problem, or not interested in commenting.

I think it is a traffic problem, maybe as someone has said, all the Thai schoolkids on their hols. Try very late at night or early am, more likely to connect.

I am here in Saraburi and I have been experiencing the same thing since late last night. This is not the first time this ever happened here. The apartment owner's only solution to this is to turn the modem off for around 30 minutes then turn it back on. The connection gets better for a couple of hours before finally shutting me out once again.

I can access Thai sites but can't get anything much from outside. ESPN's site is my barometer for this. If I could get there, then everything is working fine. on a bad day like today, I am stuck to a very limited number of sites.

Edited by sensei

got back on line late yesterday - usually it is fine just had two days of nothing, frustrating!

i did a reboot of everything

not sure it was that, or coincidence

thanks for comments anyway - let's see how long it stays up :-)

Yep, I've got the same problem, cannot access UK sites or Yahoo mail in UK. Only started this morning. I was going to phone maxnet but I Guess its a waste of time. How will I survive without my Email ; I get at least two a week. ;-)

I reported the problem to the landlady and she promptly called the [lack of] service provider. It's funny (and annoying) that she was told that they were having a problem too!

After about half an hour of wait, a miracle happened. Everything was back to normal.

Until when will it stay like this?

Let's wait and see.