Hotel With Wi-fi Needed - Any Suggestions?

Howdy partners

I need a hotel with relaible free wireless internet for 5 days next week.

I have googled it of course, but the search terms just got lost in a blitz of affiliate sites and stuff.

Chaweng would be preferable - but Ban Rak, Bophut or Mae Nam would be fine. Chaweng Nook would be ideal, but you know... whatever.

Price - around 1000 - 1500 per night if poss.

Some form of desk or at least dressing table in the room would be good, as ill need to be infornt of my laptop for a good 8 hours per day.

ANy suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers!

Howdy partners

I have googled it of course, but the search terms just got lost in a blitz of affiliate sites and stuff.

Chaweng would be preferable - but Ban Rak, Bophut or Mae Nam would be fine. Chaweng Nook would be ideal, but you know... whatever.

Some form of desk or at least dressing table in the room would be good, as ill need to be infornt of my laptop for a good 8 hours per day.

Cheers!

What's about the WiFi-Internet from ITC Lamai, not FREE :o but HIGHSPEED :D

[01/2006] New tarif and WiFi packages. Speed up to 6 mbps.

Jan. 1: Cover areas: Lamai beach, Lamai hillside, Ban Lamai, IT Complex, Tongtakian, The Cliff,

Chaweng Noi, North/Center Chanweng, Fishermen's village, Maenam.

Look out for the "SamuiWiFi.com" SSID signal.

look at http://login.samuinet.com/

Chaweng Nook? dou you mean Chaweng Noi....

Dschook dee khrap

Chayaphum

post-51795-1191411805.gif

Howdy partners

Cheers!

What's about the WiFi-Internet from ITC Lamai, not FREE :o but HIGHSPEED :D

[01/2006] New tarif and WiFi packages. Speed up to 6 mbps.

Jan. 1: Cover areas: Lamai beach, Lamai hillside, Ban Lamai, IT Complex, Tongtakian, The Cliff,

Chaweng Noi, North/Center Chanweng, Fishermen's village, Maenam.

Look out for the "SamuiWiFi.com" SSID signal.

look at http://login.samuinet.com/

Chaweng Nook? dou you mean Chaweng Noi....

Dschook dee khrap

Chayaphum

Has SamuiWifi.com increased thier coverage in recent months? Desite the claims of high sppeds in wide coverage made on their web site, in February I stayed several days in Chaweng Noi and several days at places toward the south end of Chaweng and found their coverage to be very spotty and that their connection speeds were marginal in those cases where it was possible to connect at all.

The cheapest hotel I found in that area with free wifi was Samui Beach Aprartments (http://www.samui-beach-apartments.com/) which is by the road in front of the Seascape Resort in south Chaweng. There again, their signal wasn't strong throughout thier premises but seemed to always be functional. Download speeds were variable, never great but good enough to do email and light web surfing. Better signals seemed to come from across the street at a somewhat more upscale guesthouse called Akwa. In their restaurant at least, Akwa's signal was always strong and download speeds usually in the 150-200 kps range. Not sure if the wifi at either of those places would be good enough to do things such as watching sports over streaming video (which is something that I'd like to be able to do on my next visit), in the past I was happy just to be able to connect at all.

ahhh.... yes i did mean Chaweng Noi, Lol.

Thanks for that suggestion. I had no idea the ITC had expanded so vastly. Are you sure they hit Chaweng Noi?

yeah, it's great to have ITC Lamai :D

they have a own fibercable from bkk to samui!

if the TOT or TT&T does not working(some time)...the ITC will have internetconnection, shure.

Also if sometimes there are no power on the island, u can use ITC, because they make own power by generator.

If you tell me where u want to stay (name of hotel or bungalow) i can go to there and check if have a good

signal from ITC or not..... :D (i can tell you what network, how strong, channel number, 802.11b or 802.11g)

i hope you d'ont have a notebook with an inside WiFi adapter/antenna.....

it's not the best thing on earth :o , external solutions are much more better.

Chayaphum